VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Disney Cleans Plate of Junk Food

Concern for kids' health will spur new menus at theme parks and alter licensing tie-ins.

By Joseph Menn, Times Staff Writer

October 17, 2006

The Incredibles Pop-Tarts are out, and Nemo water and Disney Garden apples are in.

Walt Disney Co. said Monday that it would start lending its characters' names mainly to healthful foods, cheering activists who have faulted the entertainment industry for contributing to childhood obesity. Disney said it would essentially follow federal guidelines for children's diets. In its parks, it will replace French fries and soda in kids' meals with vegetables and juice.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...home-headlines

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Cool, maybe there will be more over-priced vegan things to eat at their parks now
Seriously food at disneyland is outrageously priced.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by berrykat View Post

Cool, maybe there will be more over-priced vegan things to eat at their parks now
Seriously food at disneyland is outrageously priced.
Yes that is so true. I worked for Disneyland and even as an employee the discounts were not all that great for us.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
That's cool. I LOVE going to disneyland and it's awesome that they're going to have more healthy food there (they already have lots of fresh fruits and veggies available there and that they're going to make it even better is excellent.)

I was noticing more cartoon characters in the produce department last time I went grocery shopping. Spongebob is on my bag of baby carrots.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hmmmm. This is very interesting. I hope they follow through with everything.
Maybe other places will take notice.

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
They already offer healthy choices in a lot of the kids menus (I would order kid sized meals a lot while there, lol.) But you had to ask for the healthy option. Grapes and carrots instead of fries!! :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Wow, I was just talking with someone last night how I want to go to Disney... I'm not even a fan of anything Disney (espcially their knack for raping and butchering classic fairy tales), I just remember being 8 years old and having lots of cool stuff to see and do.. and apparently there is just as much "adult" fun stuff, so I know I'd be able to appreciate it 100 x's more than when I was 8... especially if I get to spend $4 on a bottled water with a picture of an orange cartoon fish! Also can't wait to get my hands on a $6 apple from the Disney Garden... they are sooo much tastier than regular old grocery store apples... probably because they were dipped in poison by the Evil Queen...

But yeah... still nicer to see than Poptarts and fried-whatever-on-a-stick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.