VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we had this assignment to interview somebody and get some extra footage relating to the subject of the interview. We were watching the final projects in class yesterday and this girl interviewed her friend (who goes bird hunting) about his pointer dog. She said they had to buy a bird to get the dog to point. I wasn't disgusted until she said, and I quote, "The guy had to knock its head on the ground to kill it and I just couldn't watch that part." And yet she could be an accomplice to it, all so they could get a 5 second shot of the dog pointing!

Our professor actually noticed I wasn't too happy about it and in an awkward attempt to comment on what she said, he said, "Well I guess you would have to put that animals WERE harmed in the making of this film." And of course the class just laughed. No respect for life. I suppose if the bird cost a few hundred dollars they may have thought twice before killing it...

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
That's ridiculous.

To get a shot of a dog pointing, they went out and bought a bird to kill for a class project rather than just doing something else.

Omigosh, the idiocy of it!

I agree. There was no respect for life here and were I the teacher, I would have failed that project and made her redo it. That's just absurd.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
To a large percentage of the population, animals' lives are worth nothing at all...with the exception of household pets they have direct contact with (and judging by animal shelters, not always that).

This guy probably killed birds to train his dog, he obviously kills birds in "sporting" pursuits with his dog and I'm sure he eats birds when he is hungry. Therefore, it was probably nothing to him to kill a bird to make a video, since they can be killed for any other frivolous reason.

·
Registered
160 Posts
That's awful... and all for a school project? Poor bird... obviously this girl getting top marks is more important than an animal's life.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unfortunately, it's not illegal to buy a game bird and kill it. That's what game birds are for... >SIGH< Makes you kinda wonder where we are at and where we're heading as a species, doesn't it?

·
Registered
142 Posts
That pisses me off so much. Argh!!!

My dad, brother, and nephew go deer and turkey hunting. One day my nephew wanted me to go take a picture outside of a doe he shot and I said no. I don't want to have anything to do with that. It just makes me so mad.

Hey, Alli, I love your avatar picture.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts