VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My coworker's girlfriend (he's sixteen, she's fifteen, or something like that) would be vegetarian if she didn't live with her parents, who, from my understanding, mak it impossible for her. So, for their first anniversary, Nick's making his girlfriend a vegetarian meal, so she'll see somone will support her. He asked me for suggestions, and being a bit distracted, I couldn't come up with much. Also, dairy needs to be minimal or not there, due to his diet restrictions. In a hurry, I got:<br><br>
Pasta in red sauce with veggies (but he worries about protein)<br>
Couscous type salad, or made with quinoa<br>
Homemade veggie pizza<br>
Vegetable dishes (like panfried portabello mushrooms or a stir fry or so on)<br>
Veggie enchiladas and the sort<br><br>
Any more suggestions or recipes I can link? I'm trying not to get into things that will be too odd for him to make, or complicated.

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,180 Posts
A good starting place would be something meaningful to the pair, like something they ate together the first time they hung out together. Maybe not the same thing, but something reminiscent of it. For example, say they pop in Taco Bell sometimes, something Mexican.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I told him, basically, that anything he could make not-vegetarian could be made vegetarian, unless it was a meat dish entirely, and that I'd talk to him again tomorrow, and try to give him more ideas/figure out how to make substitutions or whatever on his work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts