VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
I first heard about this when Chef Ramsay took the winners of a challenge to dine in the dark. Sounds like a good premise, but I wouldn't like it. I would be too afraid something would crawl/fly into my food. Plus, you can't see what you are doing and you will probably end up making a big mess (and maybe knocking over your drink).

How about I just have the lights on and close my eyes when I am about to take a bite?

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

I first heard about this when Chef Ramsay took the winners of a challenge to dine in the dark. Sounds like a good premise, but I wouldn't like it. I would be too afraid something would crawl/fly into my food. Plus, you can't see what you are doing and you will probably end up making a big mess (and maybe knocking over your drink).

How about I just have the lights on and close my eyes when I am about to take a bite?
you are a hoot and a half....lol

this sounds intresting...very intresting and I would try it......

Peace

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm getting excited about this. A wonderful person just offered to loan me their night vision goggles!

Not sure what I will be serving, yet!

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
I had to went to restaurant where you dined in the dark. Was fairly entertaining. Would only do it once though, it was messy as hell.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Hmm...

I'm not sure I could trust myself to sit on a darkened room and calmly eat with that many unsuspecting people around.

It's not an option for home. I'd go for another bite only to discover that my plate is empty. And all I'd hear is the sound of little burps all around me.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I may try it one of these days, but looking at the menu and seeing everything cost $99 kind of makes me wary. Plus, only the salad and dessert is vegetarian.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need food ideas!

I want to serve some unusual finger foods and appetizers, a soup, *meat* and a couple of fantastic desserts.

I found a mock squid recipe and I'm going to make sushi rolls with that, maybe samosas and a nice chutney...

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I went to the London Dans Le Noir. It's a lot of fun, really quite an experience, I don't think I'd ever been in total darkness before. The food was a bit disappointing though, which is a shame because it really should have been about incredible flavours and textures. It was all a bit bland and unexciting.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If this was me, disaster would certainly strike. I am not the most coordinated person in daylight, and so dining in the dark is a nightmare waiting to happen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts