VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had sucess with digestive problems after becoming a vegetarian?

I've heard from some that a vegetarian diet can help with constipation but it can worsen bloating, gas, and indigestions? SO whats the deal?

I already have digestion problems due to recovering from an eating disorder and mixing meds that arents upposed to mix...egh so I dont want to continue this diet if it makes things worse?

Agh...I want to remain a veggie due to my beleifs but i'm not sure if this is hurting or helping me....

any advice?

I dont do well with beans of lots of soy products...so that creates a problem as well....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hey Sugar Blue,

If you are actually eating a lot of veggies then it is a lot more fiber than you are used to and is very common to experience what you are experiencing. Just make sure to chew your foods very well.

If beans are causing you grief then eat a small amount each day and again be sure to chew those to a liquid and gradually increase the amounts every day from then on. Beans have powerful anti-cancer effects on the body and should not be eliminated from a healthy diet.

Gas is beneficial to your body.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.