VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I love Tofutti and the store I get them from is out of American.

They also sell Tofu Rella and I was wondering if anyone had tried these? I don't want to buy them because they are $4.26 for 12 and Tofutti is $2.89 for 12. I also like Soymage, but Mark doesn't and I have to drive into Richmond to get these and they are $3.89 for 8.

BTW, I have tried all of the Tofutti Soy Cheese Slices and American is the best, followed by Garlic then Mozzarella.

I have told Tofutti and the stores about their stocking problem.

I have written to Soymage telling them their product is good but overpriced compared to Tofutti.

Thanks and have a great day all

Shannon

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I've tried all of the ones you mentioned and Tofutti is by far the best! I love the stuff. I eat it on sandwiches, melt it over pasta bakes and use it in some really yummy green bean thing I make. Tofutti rocks my world.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
and the greatest thing about tofutti is that they have removed the hydrogenated oils.. the new ones will be in the stores mid-summer!

we love tofutti!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm not sure about the tofu rella but iha ve tried the veganrella and it was soooooooooooooo foul , but i had hemparella several years back and it was allright havn't ever been able to find it in a store tho.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I will wait for Tofutti to be back in stock.

I hope it is soon because Mark and I are almost out of cheese and all out of American
As soon as the store has it , I am buying 4 packs so we don't run out ;D Shannon

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Tofutti is the best vegan cheese I've tried. There's still something not quite "right" in the flavor (says me the recovering cheese addict), but they melt all right and the texture is good.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Oneness! You just gave me the best news ever! I love tofutti, but I had stopped buying it because of the hydrogenated oils. Is this just the cheese they are revamping, or is it all products? I always loved the pan pizza too.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Good call fuzzpuddle... but sometimes, ya just gotta make exceptions.

Corri, just think of it as not eating cheese instead of giving up cheese. By not eating cheese one meal at a time, it becomes such a small price to pay, but if you think of it as giving up cheese and depriving yourself and never going to eat it again, it's kind of sad and depressing... you know, I doubt that there are many vegans here who would claim that they didn't like cheese!

I hope that makes sense, I'm not sure if it even makes sense to me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tofutti is the sliced cheese I use, I only use it in grilled "cheese" sandwiches though. It's like real cheese but before I went vegan I never liked cheese anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts