VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stomach problem/esphogus problem (its been going on for 6 months, and no one knows what it is really other than esophogitis and gastritis) I've been put on dietary restrictions, so i need some hlep with meals now...

my restrictions:

no/little fat

no/little tomato

no garlic

no caffiene (not a prob)

thats about it. a large portion of my meals tho have been italian, which has both tomato and garlic...so, i need some ideas on other italian meals i can make...

and anyone have a good recipe for alfredo sauce?

~Becca

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Pasta Primavera might work nicely. I'm sure you can find a great recipe somewhere on the web (try vegweb)

How about couscous? Top it with any non-tomato thing you please!

I think some plain old beans and rice is great (though not Italian).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it does'nt need to be italian, per se -- thats just what i wind up eating a lot.

hmm, i thought primavera had a tomato base sauce?

~becca

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
when i make vegan alfredo i

melt some earth balance in soy milk add lots of italian spices then add it to already cooked pasta, vegan "chicken" and brocolli. then i mix some whole wheat flour with some soymilk stiring well until blended. (like for gravy) add this mixture to the pasta mixture over heat. stir until thickened. YUM!

i never measure so you will have to play with it a bit. i would say i use about a 1/2 cup or so earth balance and about 3/4 cup of soymilk. for the thickener maybe 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 cup soymilk.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and that begs the question..what's earth's balance? I've actually never heard of it...i wonder if the wholefoods store will have it.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
earth balance is a yummy vegan buttery spread. it is not unhealthy like most brands of butter alternatives. i would think whole foods would carry earth balance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.