VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you know the US FBI is tracking your airline meals? The Guardian recently reported on it (I put a link in my blog here). They're looking for indicators of terrorists. What do you think terrorists eat?

Hi, I'm Elaine. I'm a vegetarian. I want to go vegan but haven't done it yet. I was vegan for a year about 10 years ago but it was difficult for me to avoid animal products at the time - I was young, inexperienced, lazy, and I wanted to fit in.

My husband is veggie too and he also wants to go vegan.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I look forward to enjoying these forums!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Wait, airlines still serve meals? All I ever get is the smallest bag of pretzels on the face of the planet and half a soda.

Oh, welcome to VB

~Wondre

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Wonder View Post

Wait, airlines still serve meals? All I ever get is the smallest bag of pretzels on the face of the planet and half a soda.
Thank you for all the warm welcomes.

Basically any international flight still serves a meal and some airlines serve meals for flights longer than 4 hours.

I just recently flew to Paris. They ran out of veg*n meals. They just kept giving me excuses. I had to ask, "Well, do you have an extra side dishes? Can I still have a drink? How about some nuts?" It was really weird because in the past I've been able to bring my own food on board. But now they all these annoying rules about liquids and blah blah blah...

·
seeker and optimist
186 Posts
welcome elaine... that is very interesting.

i've now been vegan for about 1 month and it's wonderful, nothing like my last attempt almost a decade ago. i've not missed a thing! you and your husband can do it too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts