VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they sell boxed vegan mac and cheese in the health store, right next to annies organic mac and cheese. its 2.99 a box. so i'ts on my list of stuff to try along with daiya and every single brand/flavor nondairy milk that exists

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyvegetarian View Post

they sell boxed vegan mac and cheese in the health store, right next to annies organic mac and cheese. its 2.99 a box. so i'ts on my list of stuff to try along with daiya and every single brand/flavor nondairy milk that exists
If it is the same name brand that amhappy1 mentioned (Road's End Organics), don't get your hopes up too high. I have tried it and it's mediocre at best. If you want the best vegan mac-n-cheese, this is the one:

http://www.quarrygirl.com/2010/02/11...dinner-heaven/

Note that Amy's has many mac-n-cheese versions, but only this one is vegan. It is incredible and worth the effort to find.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
I did know that, but then that information was erased from my mind by a secret government agency performing a mindswipe on me back in 2009.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I did know that, but then that information was erased from my mind by a secret government agency performing a mindswipe on me back in 2009.
How did you remember about it?

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

How did you remember about it?
I found an old diary entry.
And then of course I wondered why I had forgotten about that, and found out about the mindswipe.

Quote:
07/07/2004.

Dear diary,

they sell boxed vegan mac and cheese in the health store, right next to annies organic mac and cheese. its 2.99 a box.

Also, I'm beginning to feel some unease about the movie Top Gun. Watching it can sometimes make me feel really bad, but I'm not sure why, it could be an issue with one of the actors or something. I need to explore this further.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Quote:

I found an old diary entry.
And then of course I wondered why I had forgotten about that, and found out about the mindswipe.
In 7 years the price for a box of mac and cheese has lowered from 2.99 to 2.69?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amhappy1 View Post

I live in Western New York and I've found it at Tops. You can also buy it online. http://www.edwardandsons.com/reo_shop_pastas.itml
Hey there....I live in Central NY. We're actually riding the motorcycle out your way over the weekend. We need to look at correctional facilities since my hubby's job is getting transferred soon, and he's probably heading west. anyway, I think we're going to be in the Geneva area.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah, I knew that, but the fact that it's like 3 bucks for a little, tiny box kinda hinders me when I can make a big lot for about the same price.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
I wish there was a way to make cheesy things, like mac and cheese, without nutritional yeast and somehow use other flavors. My family won't go out of their way to shop at a health food store and only shop at walmart

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
The Roads End one is pretty ick to me.

I wish there was a Quickie Hillside, Quickie Too, and Sage Cafe Mac N Yease available world wide. Their Mac and N Yease is the best I have ever tried, it blows animal-based mac and cheese out of the water. Of course, I also almost go into a coma from the amount of oil in it after I'm done eating some. But it is so worth it especially combined with their Tim wrap (BBQ seitan).

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
07/07/2004.

Dear diary,

they sell boxed vegan mac and cheese in the health store, right next to annies organic mac and cheese. its 2.99 a box.

Also, I'm beginning to feel some unease about the movie Top Gun. Watching it can sometimes make me feel really bad, but I'm not sure why, it could be an issue with one of the actors or something. I need to explore this further.
Now we know when it all started!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I don't mind Roads End, but it's too expensive to buy very often. I usually add onions and tomatoes in(and pickles if I have any). It adds some flavor and makes it go a little further.
Their gluten-free version is awful, I couldn't get more than a bite down.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

I wish there was a way to make cheesy things, like mac and cheese, without nutritional yeast and somehow use other flavors. My family won't go out of their way to shop at a health food store and only shop at walmart
How about ordering online? They even have it on Amazon.com, but you might find a better price elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts