VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to say thank you to the ONE person from VB who check in on me to make sure I was okay after yesterday's big quake. Thank you BERRYKAT!!

As for the rest of you....

all is well here. only lost a few nic-nacks. I was in my car when it hit, so I didn't notice anything (my car has bad bearings, so I wouldn't notice any rumble or shake). I heard a few dramatic stories, but no one was hurt, and the damage was mostly in other areas of the island.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Glad to hear you're okay. The news here made it sound like no big deal. Was there drama?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I heard about the quake on yesterday morning's radio news. My first thought was, "I wonder if Randy's OK." I didn't have internet access until I came into work. I left work after fifteen minutes because I felt sick, and so I did not send you a PM yesterday, Randy.

However, I did think about you, for what that's worth.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
WonderRandy, I don't have a television, and I wasn't listening to the radio, so I didn't find out about the earthquake right away. As soon as I did, I became pretty worried about you.

I'm really glad you're okay!

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
And a big, fat
right back at you, too, wr.

seriously, I'm glad you're ok. Earthquakes are scary things.

<< was in the Nisqually quake of 2001.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I saw that the 'quake was on the opposite side of the island from you, and I'd seen posts from you so I knew you were okay, Randy.

I did my homework.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
My son who goes to U of Hawaii Manoa (on Oahu) was awakened by the quake and called us to see if we could get any details on it because their power was out. Since he was raised in California and was in the Loma Prieta earthquake it wasn't any big deal for him. A bunch of his friends in the dorms from areas where they don't have quakes were a bit freaked out though.

Glad to hear you're o.k. I was surprised that there wasn't any more damage for such a large quake. However when you build on an island with an active volcano you expect earthquakes and build for them.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I didn't even hear about it, but I don't watch the news very often and I am not online much anymore. I'm glad you're ok, Randy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts