VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could people share their views and plans for detoxes.

Today I've been drinking lots of green tea (mainly because it's warm and it's very cold this time of year) and eating some fruit and veg. By that I mean I've had two pears, a peach and cook mushrooms with spinach.

I'm a total noob when it comes to these things, so could you share any "plans"? Just short detoxes, with a total of three days. And are there any health concerns or things I should be taking like multivitamins while I'm doing this?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I'm not a big one on detoxes, but I found this site last night and liked her page on Fb too...she's the GreenSmoothieGirl....if you bypass all the supplements and check out her recipes and her articles, it's pretty good. http://www.greensmoothiegirl.com/ Read through her opening page, your get links to her other pages.

If you check out her FB page, she's very involved with doing talks/demos at cancer treatment places and public demos across the country....sounds like fun to me!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
one month raw, 10 days of fast just driking a special mix of clay and ginger and apple, 2 weeks only juices, one week only water.

I have basically stopped taking sugar, cold food and drinks, oily things and junk food, i just don't like it anymore.

I feel more light, more peaceful, and have more energy.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I think "detoxing" is a myth. The body removes toxins everyday by itself without eating special foods and supplements.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan cyberpunk View Post

10 days of fast just driking a special mix of clay and ginger and apple, 2 weeks only juices, one week only water.
Must be really healthy to starve your body. I mean clay (since when is clay a food?) and ginger? Only water? Right. Can't be healthy. The human body needs 2000 KCal+ per day, EVERY day, not to mention a whole range of vitamins and minerals.

Don't buy into this utter none sense. It's a hoax, and can't possibly be good for the body at all. The things they come up with these days...

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Nobody ever mentions what "toxins" a detox is supposed to remove, and how they work.

I wonder why?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Clay is not food, it has some properties wich basically absorb and evacuate the bad stuff like the mucoid plaque, only water wasn't recommended i did it by myself because i was feeling like doing it.

For what about the nonsens and the hoax, i felt thousand times better, more light, more energy, and i haven't automatically stopped eating ANY unhealthy food, i just didn't wanted it anymore like my body was feeling thoses foods were bad. And i was much more attracted by healthy food.

So the facts speak by themselves...

The body does not have the time nor the the ideal conditions to detoxify if you put oily foods, burgers, pizza, cooked food, cold drinks, chemical products like pesticids etc in it. It's like trying to empty water from a sunking ship with your hands.

You need to give some free time to your body, and help it.

EDIT: yeah the toxines are of course going out, i already told this in another thread, for the toxins if your body is already healthy it's ok, you can have just some headache and be a little tired or upset at some point when they begin to go out, but if you are a meat eater and you detox brutallly without preparation then it can be hardcore and you can have all the detox symptoms, wich are basically the same one as if you were a drug addict. Depends of your body and your detox efficiency.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Quote:

EDIT: yeah the toxines are of course going out, i already told this in another thread, for the toxins if your body is already healthy it's ok, you can have just some headache and be a little tired or upset at some point when they begin to go out, but if you are a meat eater and you detox brutallly without preparation then it can be hardcore and you can have all the detox symptoms, wich are basically the same one as if you were a drug addict. Depends of your body and your detox efficiency.
Sounds more like simple "the body needs to get used to something new" or (if one wants to use that word) plain old withdrawal.

The theory of "toxins leaving the body" has some romantic aspect though. Maybe that is why people want to belief in "detoxing".

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Quote:

if you are a meat eater and you detox brutallly without preparation then it can be hardcore and you can have all the detox symptoms, wich are basically the same one as if you were a drug addict. .

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Supposedly there, after yrs of eating omni and even vegan, there is waste sludge built up in the large intestine. Juicing, because it doesn't have fiber in it, gets absorbed directly into the blood syster without having to be digested, allowing the sludge to just be evacuated.

I'm not into the starving myself either. I do think juicing can be a healthy addition to a diet, but certainly wouldn't do water only, or extended juicing. and what's up with the clay too? I questioned that immediately when I read it

·
Registered
3,423 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
experience speaking guys, i'm not inventing anything ^^

The clay is binding and evacuating the bad stuff. It's one of the possibles methods if you want to do it quickly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts