VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my little excurrsion I am not feeling very good at all.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any drinks or foods that can be eaten to detoxify the body after a meat slip up?

Thank you

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
beet juice >.<

I've noticed that wheatgrass juice and carrot juice have helped me, but yeah... beet juice will ... yeah.

Someone else could probably answer this better then me though.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Beet juice will make your pee take on shades of red, orange or purple, depending how much you drink.

But it is a good de-toxifier nonetheless. If you want normal yellow pee, then green tea with a lemon slice will work very well.

ETA: Exercise works in de-toxifying the body as well. Also I wish you luck and hope that you will not slip up again.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Raw organic apple cider vinegar

one tablespoon in 8oz water 3xs a day, or before each meal

it cleanses the blood and basically the entire system of the body

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I've heard papaya is a good detox fruit, but fruit in general is supposed to be good. You could make an all-fruit smoothie.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone. There will not be anymore slip ups, it is not worth the torture my stomach is going through, today it hurts worse than the last 2 days.

I am 24 and gave up meat at 22, after eating it all my life. My whole family made fun of me. Then when I called crying cause I had eaten meat, they finally realized what it did to me, and got on my side about not eating it, and offered to help. That meant alot. I knew it was not going to be perfect or easy, and I was bound to slip up, but now that I did, I know I am not missing anything special, and by not eating meat I am doing something special.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The people at my school (very into alternative medicine and body cleansing) make a fermented beet juice drink that is supposed to work wonders... I've never tried it, but here's a link if you are interested: http://www.warren-wilson.edu/~wellness/recipes.shtml

Yogi teas make a peach detox tea.. It is pretty nasty, but works really well. I use it when I get sick (tummy, cold, cough, etc.). I also agree with the apple cider vinegar. I make detox tea with a spoon full of apple cider vinegar, a squirt of lemon juice, a dash of cayanne pepper, and some honey. Yeah, it sounds gross, but you can hold your nose, and it sure does knock about anything out. One to two cups a day for three days is what I do when I get super sick.

Also, a raw diet is good for cleansing. In my opinion, that's the only thing it is good for. Raw diets are used for people who are obese and are beginning an intensive body change (seen on celeb fit club, etc.), and I've also heard raw diets used by people starting rehab. If you eat raw for a few days to a week your body will really cleanse itself. But I personally don't recommend doing it for more than two weeks because it is a really intense diet on the body and mind.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Lots of water, green tea, fruit like lemons, melon, grapes and papayas. It will definitely cleanse your system. Hope you're feeling better soon.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Lots of water, green tea, fruit like lemons, melon, grapes and papayas. It will definitely cleanse your system. Hope you're feeling better soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts