¼ cup chopped dill

3 tablespoons lemon juice

Salt and pepper to taste

¼ cup currants (optional)

¼ cup pine nuts (optional)

About 50 grapes leaves

Instructions:

------------------------------------------------------

Squeeze the chopped onions to soften them, and mix together with everything else. Wash grape leaves in hot water. Spread each leaf out veins-up with the stem end towards you, and cut off the stem. Place a teaspoon of the mix on the leaf near the stem and roll like a miniature burrito. Line the bottom of a Corningware dish with grape leaves, and arrange the sarmas in two or three layers depending on the size of the dish. Place a heavy plate over the sarmas to keep them from moving. Add two cups of water, cover, and bake in a medium oven for 1 ½ hours. Allow to cool completely before removing the plate or the sarmas will discolor. Spray with olive oil to make them shiny, garnish with lemon slices, and serve cold.

Additional comments:

------------------------------------------------------

This recipe was adapted from Treasured Armenian Recipes, a veritable bible of Armenian cooking. It was first published in 1949 by the Detroit Women's Chapter of the Armenian General Benevolent Union (AGBU). Every LOAL (Little Old Armenian Lady™) I have ever known has a copy. I've tried several recipes from this book and none have ever failed me. But some of the quantities in this one seem a little suspect, especially the 7 cups of onions. I'll address these issues in a later post.

·
Banned
0 Posts
suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak suck my steak

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.