VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my birthday weekend (June 4th and 5th), my best friend, boyfriend and I will be in LA.

On Saturday we will be in San Marino (near Pasadena), and for most of Sunday we will be visiting Animal Acres Farm Sanctuary.

When I lived in LA, I was a fledgling vegetarian, so I don't know where any good vegan restaurants are. Can you guys (and lovely gals
) help me out? What do you recommend?

The restaurants don't need to be in San Marino or Pasadena, as we will also probably be driving down to LACMA/ La Brea Tar Pits on Saturday.

I appreciate your input and look forward to eating your yummy LA food

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
They're sprouting up all over the place!

Real Food Daily - Santa Monica and West Hollywood
Native Foods - one in Westwood
The Veggie Grill - one in Santa Monica, one in Hollywood (or WeHo, Randy can you confirm?)
There's Pizza Fusion in Santa Monica and also in either Hollywood or Weho, can't remember - not a strictly veg restaurant, but you can get a vegan pizza there
there are a number of raw restaurants around town
also not a strictly veg place but vegan friendly is Mao's Kitchen in Venice - a Chinese restaurant - half the fun of eating there is the ambiance
There is California Vegan on Santa Monica Blvd. in West L.A.

What am I missing, Angelenos?

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Veggie Grill is in Santa Monica, and in West Hollywood (Crescent Heights and Sunset) and they just opened (or are about to open?) a location at the Farmer's Market shopping center at 3rd and Fairfax (not far from the Tar Pits).

ETA: the Farmer's Market location opens on Monday.

There are other California Vegan locations around the city. Not my favorite, but totally not horrible.

I also love Vegan Glory on Beverly Blvd.

Cafe Gratitude in Larchmont.

Hugo's in West Hollywood (not totally vegan, but VERY veg friendly).

Kind Kreme Ice Cream / Sage restaurant in Echo Park.

Cruzer Pizza in Silverlake.

Check out Quarrygirl.com for tons of other options, and rock-solid reviews.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you everyone! I leave tomorrow morning! I'm so excited to be returning to LA, even if it is only for two days

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I meant to post this earlier, but never got around to it. I just thought I'd share my dining experiences

On Saturday we ate dinner at Sage in Echo Park. I was blown away. Everything was delicious, and the Kind Creme was to die for.
On Sunday we had lunch at the Veggie Grill at the Farmer's Market. It was also delicious.

The only bad thing about the trip was how much it made me realize I miss living in LA. I am now seriously considering moving back up there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts