VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been a vegetarian for about a year and a half now. Recently that demon chicken has crept it's way back into my life. (beggars can't be choosy) So I guess now I would be pollotarian? Anyway, I feel guilty as hell after I eat chicken and I really want to go back to good old vegetables. What I want to know is, is there anyone out there that knows of a meal... or smoothie that contains everything we need as a human being? I'm out on the road and I need something that has every amino acid protein blah blah etc. I want something i can eat every single day that contains everything i need.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
I'm not exactly sure that there is one particular food that would give you everything you need, especially over time. We all should eat a variety of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes and healthy fats. As for protein, a varied vegetarian diet will give you plenty of protein - most people more than they need anyway.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
I don't understand what you mean by demon chicken, or beggars can't be choosy.
Chicken, nor any other meat, isn't complete. They lack minerals, vitamins, fiber...
You can certainly make or buy vegan meal replacements. Vega is one choice. I'm assuming you need something you don't cook?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Quinoa, buckwheat, amaranth, soybeans, spirulina, hemp seeds, goji berries...etc all complete proteins.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
try green smoothies with fresh fruits and green leafy vegeatbles like kale.
and brazil nuts as a snack
get out in the sun.
take b12 supplement

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
If you're craving the taste/texture/protein of chicken, try some veg substitutes. Quorn is close, I think (vegetarian, not vegan), and Trader Joe's has some vegan mandarin chickenless things that are pretty good. There are some other ones too in the frozen section.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
one particular food
and I quote, "meal... or smoothie" as in items that can be combined and eaten daily that would sustain my needs.

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean by demon chicken, or beggars can't be choosy.
I was being vague purposefully as it was irrelevant. But if you must know, I say beggars can't be choosy because of my current situation, I don't have a job. Also, I was making a joke by saying "that demon chicken".

Quote:
Are you talking about a complete protein? Try quonia.
I'm talking about a combination of meal items (fruits, veggies, nuts, etc.) that can be eaten every day however many times per day I choose that contains everything I need to sustain a healthy lifestyle.

Quote:
If you're craving the taste/texture/protein of chicken
I do not crave meat at all!

Muchas Gracias to all for all of the useful information and response!

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
Are there any Food Not Bombs in your area (or can you start one up and get food donations)? They offer free vegan food to anyone who needs/wants it.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
If you're eating a wide variety of food, you shouldn't have a problem getting everything you need. It doesn't have to be in one meal for your body to use it efficiently.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I would assume a green smoothie with a high protein powder and a nut milk would be pretty damn complete. Maybe throw some Alive powder in it for extra nutrients.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by creep View Post

If you're eating a wide variety of food, you shouldn't have a problem getting everything you need. It doesn't have to be in one meal for your body to use it efficiently.
You're back! Welcome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts