VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Saturday Evening, Nov. 12th: 7:00 - 9:30 P.M.

Delaware Action for Animals Presents:

Second Annual Symposium - Benefits of a Vegetarian Diet

George Wilson Center

303 New London Rd.

(896N) Newark, Delaware

Join us for an evening of guest speakers, complimentary vegan food and more! W/ Special Guests: Katrina Animal Survivor's.

Flyer-http://www.da4a.org/da4aevent.pdf

Free Event-Come and bring some people, hopefully those ripe for

the veg*nizing!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hello All, haven't been here in awhile.

I was talking to a friend of mine and I feel really bad but one of favorite things to do as a kid was to go to the zoo and learn about the animals there, and now that my son's getting older I want to take him to see them too, but I don't want to support a zoo that doesn't take care of their animals.

I will NEVER EVER EVER take him to Brandywine Zoo. That place is HORRIBLE. But I was thinking of taking him to the Philadelphia Zoo, I've never heard anything bad about it and they apparently do a lot with wildlife conservation. What do you all think?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any Delawarians still around?

I'm Kim, 21 years old, just graduated from UD. I'm originally from the Lewes/Rehoboth area but lived in Newark for the past couple years for school and am now residing in Wilmington, near Trolley Square.

My live-in boyfriend and I shop at Trader Joe's, the Newark Co-op, and the Super G on Concord Pike (they have a lot of veggie stuff). I have never been to Harvest Market in Hockessin, though I hear it's great. I didn't know about Highland Orchards; hopefully, we can check that out this weekend.

As for restaurants, the only places we really go are Home Grown (very rarely, as they have removed a lot of the good stuff they used to have, and I think it's overpriced for what you actually get...) and Ali Baba on Main Street in Newark. Ali Baba has mediterranean food and a number of vegetarian itmes (falafel wraps, grape leaves, hummus, lebanese pizza sans feta, etc.) - mmmm, it's so good!

Do you guys know of any restaurants in the Wilmington area that are veggie-friendly? We have not been able to find any. I heard Nirvana is good but have never been there and don't know much about Indian food. What is good to order that's vegan (or can be made vegan)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I'm new to this board, live just outside Wilmington, and wanted to respond to the question about veg-friendly restaurants. I've found that all good restaurants are veg-friendly, and that if you ask, the chef will happily adapt a meal. Having said that, some places with veg entrees that are fabulous are the Melting Pot, The Corner Bistro, Deep Blue, Harry's. I think Domaine Hudson does, too. I think you can also call ahead and request a veg dish. If not, take your business elsewhere!

Now I have a question: does anyone know where I can get US-grown edamame? I'm not comfortable with anything from China.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey hey! I go to UD (but I'm originally from Maryland), glad to see there are other UD students on this site. So how about these ridiculously long winter breaks they give us? I'm bored out of my mind.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.