VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else watched Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High?

I watched every single episode, and now I watch the new Degrassi Community School, even though I'm about 10 years too old for it.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did you know that Snake and Spike just got married on the Degrassi Community School show? And Spike is pregnant!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I wasn't allowed to watch Degrassi when I was in high school, as it talked about sex and drugs. I used to sneak it whenever I could LOL

Degrassi is a Canada teenage drama that, I believe, is carried by many US stations. It was considered radical when it came out in the early 90s. It used to be a bunch of elementary school kids...then they grew to junior high...then high school...and the issues changed with each upgrade of the show. For many Canadian teenagers, we literally grew up with the cast.

90210 is basically the American version of it, only Degrassi had real teenagers with acne on it and everyone did not sleep with everyone and drive expensive cars

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
There's a show called Degrassi in the US. It's a very stereotypical junior high, and it's a new show. So, I don't think it's the same one. *shrugs*

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Is this the one on that N channel about all these "popular" type kids at some junior high school? I saw commercials and it didn't look very good...

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Degrassi wasn't about popular kids, it was about real kids with real problems. I learned so much from it.

So this thread is only for fans of the true Degrassi shows, the ones set in Toronto.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Yesterday morning (sunday) I was up a 7:00am and flipped on the tv only to find Degrassi High. I was so excited!!

I've seen the new one once or twice, but I do really like Degrassi High.. I doubt I'll continue waking up a 7 on sundays but I'll be sure to tape it.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Joey Jeremiah is a star on the new Degrassi too. He has a daughter. He is totally bald and his character is a used car salesman. Kaitlin has even been on a few episodes, and I can totally see her and Joey getting back together!!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
spoiler:

---

Joey and Kaitlin do get back together <3

for ah... while anyway. And Snake and Spike have a child together

---

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I accedentaly cought a couple episodes of "The next generation" and got hooked... the story was just cool. And it was a good replacement for the canceled show "Life as we know it".

Ended up watching most every Episode of the new series and watched A LOT of the old series, just to see the backgrounds of the characters n stuff. I was shocked to learn that the same actors that were in the old series are adults in this one, thought that was really cool.

Season Finale is friday!

·
Registered
0 Posts
oh, i LOVED degrassi when i was in jr high and high school! somehow, i thought i was the only one who watched it though...

btw, degrassi was NOTHING like 90210!

(didn't know there was a new one, but don't watch tv much anymore)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Oh I *loved* this show--I always felt it was so much more of a real true to life show about teens than 90210 and all that rot. I was so taken by the story of Spike and Snake--I thought it was very realistically presented.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjane View Post

Who else watched Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High?

I watched every single episode, and now I watch the new Degrassi Community School, even though I'm about 10 years too old for it.
YAY i've watched it too but no cable now

Don't they have it on DVD now?? Do you own it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts