VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it has been brought to my attention that I can no longer function normally in my real life whiltst debating on vb. i get too worked up and into too much of a ***** ass grumpy as hell mood. i just can't seem to participate in a debate without resorting to feeling mean, and why the hell would i want to spend my free time feeling mean about stuff. i'm trying to live my recent life as non meanly as possible. i think maybe yall are getting my pent-up meaness....

so, i think i'll be deleting most of my posts from tonight and calling it a good time, but an old time.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
I haven't seen the posts, but yes, in the heat of the debate.....

I also sometimes post something that I "regret" later on.

Sometimes it's best to think it over and read it again the next day.

Some how the meaning of posts can change overnight.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I avoid debate like the plague. I end up resorting to personal attacks when I can't convince the other participants to agree with me. Not a pretty side of me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hee, I'm feeling that way about another board I'm on (Yes, there are other board than VB!), hence why I'm here!

GS (worked up and bitchy!)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I know about how debates can make one annoyed and frustrated. I have really given up debates on a couple sites as I realised it was making me unhappy and it had little chance of being of any use to anyone anyway. In essence , it had the effect of multiplying negative feelings.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I have, when mad about a debate on one board, brought the topic up on a board where I thought people were more likely to agree in order to relieve some stress. Case in point

Or I talk to someone IRL whom I know agrees with me. You can blow off a little steam that way.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I never really participate in debates on here. Usually I'm scared of saying something that'll make everyone think I'm a jerk, so I keep my opinions to myself

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Being anywhere on the net can be a less than stimulating experience quite often, but at least here on the message boards you can speak out with people that you can level with as friends

and know at least some of us may reckon to like you or may like to know you better given the chance (and yet now some of us including me might not get the chance now)... Anyway, its cool, just don't give up on us completely, since you can always come back at any time....and as such you are a free agent and a free spirit!

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Anger rolling around in yer' guts jest ain't no good, darlin'. I had to ban myself from the debate boards on most subject concerning war, nationalism, well, most of it. Can Veal Princess come out to play in the veggie patch?

Life

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I remember when I was locked in a debate over hunting at another board. I started feeling pissed and I ended feeling pissed. It just isnt good for you. And It goes nowhere.

(the two guys were dumbasses anyway, and have solidify my growing opinion that all hunters are so)

So all in all, I just wont get into a debate any more. Its not worth it unless you are some debate god who can really change someone with lines on a screen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts