VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this sounds dumb but this weekend I will be seeing some family for the first time since going vegan. I have not been pushy with my new life but I have been happy, my health is better. Keep in mind they are meat eaters, country folks (meant in nicest way btw). They are well aware of the health issues I Have had before going vegan.<br><br>
Shall I tell them before we go down or wait to say something. They are actually celebrating a birthday, which includes cake and chicken. I want to be very tact and diplomatic. Would it be bad if I brought maybe something for me down there to eat. I am just living differently now and that includes much healthier. I thank you in advance for the responses ♥

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
I'd give them a heads-up, and definitely plan to bring something - like a side dish to share with everyone. Your relatives might be very worried about what they're going to feed you, so take that problem off their hands. Be careful not to come across as preachy or superior, just be sincere about your desire to have better health. A lot of people find "vegan" to be a scary word.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just told my brother in law and he was understanding. He knows I have had health issues and am doing better. He told me to bring away lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts