VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
I did a big "WTF!" at the title.

But, yeah. I've read about this before. I'm not a big diamond girl so I can't say if I'd ever do something like this. I think the article I'd read was about people, though. I can't remember.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post

I did a big "WTF!" at the title.

But, yeah. I've read about this before. I'm not a big diamond girl so I can't say if I'd ever do something like this. I think the article I'd read was about people, though. I can't remember.
He he! Yeah, when I first read the title before reading the article I thought that someone had found a lost diamond right inside their dead pet.....

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Yeah. It mentions it in the article ... that they do it with human ashes as well.

I don't see why not. It's not a big deal to me.

My beau swears if I die he'll wear my ashes in an urn necklace. I told him he'll never get a date that way.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I also was somewhat intrigued by the title...

But I don't think that it's creepy. Definitely different, but actually kind of cool. Especially compared to the other, boring-ass options. I think if I had the $$, I might even do that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I guess it is one of those things- you either would or you wouldn't.

I wouldn't, but I don't think it is that big of a deal. It is actually not that different from Victorian era hair jewelry - after a family member died they would make it into jewelry or artwork.

http://www.victorianhairjewelry.com/

Sometimes they used hair from many family members to create large designs to hang in their parlors. I think that is cooler than compressed ashes, but to each their own.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Different strokes for different folks... but I prefer to keep a bit of fur from my animal companions. It's sanitary, cheap, and I think it has a small amount of his/her DNA intact- so I feel it's a better rememberance than transformation into a diamond.

If I wanted to memorialize my companion with that much money, I'd donate it to living animals. I think the gem in the picture is beautiful, though.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I don't think it's creepy, but it's cost-prohibitive for me.

I have the ashes of one of my cats in an urn on my mantle... however, only I know they're there. The urn is a really cool, modern-looking cat statue that doesn't look like an urn. Since everyone knows I love cats, no one has ever questioned my choice of mantle decoration. I don't tell people the story behind the statue because I know it does creep some people out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts