VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidently ate oyster sauce last night!

I was at a dinner party where I was the only vegetarian the people were really nice and catered for me well. For entree everyone had a duck wrap and they made me a falafel one, and for main everyone had steak and they bought me one of those Quorn meat replacement things which was nice. The only problem is that the falafel wrap thing was served with oyster sauce and a few other condiments. I didn't know what it was and ate it. It wasn't until my Mum told me later that I realised.

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Aww man, that sucks.

A similar thing happened to me a little while back with fish sauce, but the thing is, I didn't find out until a month afterwards.

Just don't let it get to you.; accidents happen. :/

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Puppet Master is right, everybody makes mistakes. If we didn't, we wouldn't be human.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigBug View Post

Puppet Master is right, everybody makes mistakes. If we didn't, we wouldn't be human.
But we would be parakeets. Parakeets never make mistakes.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

Just don't let it get to you.; accidents happen. :/
This. You honestly didn't know, so I wouldn't dwell on it. I was have thought falafel would be safe. But hey, lesson learned, now you know to ask!!

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
agree with everyone....you thought it was okay and didnt know and it was an honest mistake....

peace

·
Registered
344 Posts
They probably didn't know that oyster sauce wasn't vegetarian. Maybe they know a "vegetarian" that eats fish.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm, thanks guys.

Damn oyster sauce and fish sauce. The same thing actually happened to a friend of mine who is also vegetarian. He went to a friends house and she served him broccoli in fish sauce and he didn't know.

·
Registered
157 Posts
In my early veggie days I once ate squid, thinking it was onion rings!!!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Sometimes this is deadly mistake for example my husband highly allergic to any kind of seafood, he can't even smell it without getting his stomach churned up and hurting .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts