VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen/had a dairy-free chocolate bar that does NOT say on it "may contain milk ingredients"? preferably one that is also gluten-free, but most are, so this is the more difficult side.

thanks.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
I don't think Lindt dark chocolate says this on it? And the Rice Milk chocolate from Trader Joes doesn't. And Tropical Source I think but not sure.... Only because I have a friend with VERY severe milk allergies and she'll eat these three kinds of dairy-free even though there's others she avoids.

Since I'm not POSITIVE on any of those, I don't know if that helps?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! It doesn't, but thank you for the kind response. Lindt and Tropical Source have gluten, and I live in Canada so we don't have Trader Joes (and I'm allergic to rice, anyway). But thank you!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
SweetWilliam is dairy free and gluten free??

we have those here. they come in milk chocolate, almond and chocolate annnnd...something else weird. like tangerine.

regular chocolate bar shaped and relatively cheap!!!

xoxo

·
Registered
976 Posts
Green and Black's do a selection of vegan chocolate including:

* Green & Black's Organic Espresso Chocolate Bar

* Green & Black's Organic Ginger Chocolate

* Green & Black's Organic Mint Chocolate Bar

·
Registered
6 Posts
This bar is incredible. I had to keep checking the lable to make sure it was dairy free. It lists hazelnuts as an ingredient, but they are undetectable in texture and taste.

Organica Premium Swiss Milk-Style Chocolate Couverture Bar

Ingredients: Organic fair-trade raw cane sugar, organic fair-trade cocoa butter, organic rice syrup (16%), organic fair-trade cocoa mass, organic hazelnuts, organic vanilla extract, sea salt

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Most places that make chocolates make both milk and dark chocolates. The reason it "may contain milk" is because the factory contains both and the equipment probably is used for both and it's put on the label as a warning for people with severe allergies.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Yeah, I looked today and both Lindt dark and Tropical Source say "gluten free"... so I don't know - must be different in different areas... <shrug>

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sometimes Canadian and American foods are produced differently. Lindt is not safe here, at least.

As for Tropical Source, I can't find them here. Rawgirl, I'll look into those.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I live in Edmonton, Alberta, and I love Orange & Black's Maya Gold bar. To the best of my recollection, they are vegan. I get them at London Drugs.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
If you Google "gluten free vegan chocolate", you'll find many links/ideas.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Plamil produce animal product-free foods in their own factory...

http://www.plamilfoods.co.uk/

Quote:
We manufacture products in our own factory, where no animal ingredient is ever used. We are also wheat/gluten free site and we strictly control purchase of all our ingredients to ensure none are genetically modified. Our products are suitable for many with a food allergy.

Also there are no hidden ingredients or processing aids with our products. The ingredients on the label are what you get, nothing more.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy chick View Post

Green and Black's do a selection of vegan chocolate including:

* Green & Blacks Organic Espresso Chocolate Bar

* Green & Blacks Organic Ginger Chocolate

* Green & Black's Organic Mint Chocolate Bar
Hey, doesn`t Green and Black`s have written in the small print that there MAY be cross contamination??? It might not be them - but there was one vegan bar that I stopped getting cos of that. Anyone? Bueller?

But I have just tried this stuff - it`s deeeeeeeeeeeeee-lish.

http://www.humdinger-foods.co.uk/ourProd_dairyFree.html

Or get Booja Booja Hazelnut Crunch Truffles. They come in round wooden boxes. They`re quite expensive, but damn tasty... and they`re worth getting for the name "Booja-Booja" alone!

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-...il/337057.html

·
Registered
927 Posts
Try Newman's Own Organics:

Ingredients:

# Sweet Dark Chocolate:

Organic Dark Chocolate (organic sugar, organic chocolate liquor, organic cocoa butter, soy lecithin (an emulsifier), organic vanilla).

# Sweet Dark Espresso Chocolate:

Organic Dark Chocolate (organic sugar, organic chocolate liquor, organic cocoa butter, soy lecithin (an emulsifier), organic vanilla), Organic Coffee.

# Sweet Dark Orange Chocolate:

Organic Dark Chocolate (organic sugar, organic chocolate liquor, organic cocoa butter, soy lecithin (an emulsifier), organic vanilla), Organic Orange Oil.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.