VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what does everyone else think of these latest tv commercials brought to you by the dairy industry?

They're now even claiming that milk can cure PMS syndromes.

First it helps you lose weight, and now it cures PMS?

What's next?!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wow... maybe this is why I haven't watched TV in over a year... jeeze!

They're full of bull... excuse the pun

What's sad, is that the cute commercials (if I remember, the happy cow ones for California cheese) will totally grab the attention of kids, who are extremely impressionable. They'll actually think a typical dairy cow lives a life as picturesque as that on the commercials. It couldn't be farther from the truth.

·
Banned
3,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy View Post

So, what does everyone else think of these latest tv commercials brought to you by the dairy industry?

What's next?!
Probably a new class of hormones the inject the cow with.

If the dairy indusry could get cows to lactate a blend of heroine. you know they would put in on the shelf.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy View Post

What's next?!
Funny. I've had the least cramping when I've been OFF dairy. I hate the dairy industry. I'm so angry about it lately. Calves being torn away from their mothers -- how can anyone possibly do that and look themselves in the mirror in the morning!

Since we've recently become vegan again, we've been explaining to our 3-year-old that cow's milk is for baby calves, not for humans. Yesterday we were at a children's museum and they had an exhibit where you could milk a cow statue (it was water that came out) - and they had these toy milk bottles you could use. When my 3-year-old saw the milk bottles, he picked one up and said, "oh, this is cow's milk, for the cow!" and he pretended to feed it to the cow.

·
Registered
260 Posts
^ That's cute, colorful!

I hated those "Happy Cows Come from California" commercials with green pastures and crap. Is it wrong that I think the "Dah-Eerry" commercials are funny? Yeah, I thought so....

·
Registered
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymps View Post

I hated those "Happy Cows Come from California" commercials with green pastures and crap.
these commercials make me mad every time i see them. and the printed got milk ads with the celebrities - i wish i could somehow educate them about their misinformation/brainwashing from the dairy industry!

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
With our new brand of FLUTC milk ™ (Fatty Liquid from the Udders of Tortured Cows) you can create world peace, gain eternal youth and banish Will & Grace re-runs.

FLUTC milk™ - ending wars one gallon of cholesterol concentrate at a time.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I hate these commercials too. All of the happy cows or the excited cow cartoons they put on these commercials for milk and cheese. And I just keep thinking about these cows being forced into a truck when they've become "useless" and about how they babies are torn away.

I seriously have to start a farm rescue......

·
Registered
820 Posts
I hadn't seen the "cures PMS" claims. Funny, when I stopped consuming dairy, the previously almost intolerable pain of menstruation became a distant memory. When I ate dairy products, it was common for me to eat 50-100 OTC Ibuprofen tablets during my period. After cutting out dairy, I never needed another pain reliever during that time of the month. Cutting out dairy also eliminated the arthritis pain and lower back pain that I had been experiencing for years.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I agree. It seems as though my cramps disappeared when I cut dairy from my life, too. Go figure. A month or so ago, I had the first period I had had since maybe January. Surprising, mild cramps. Usually, on my first day, I'm doubled over, cursing the snake and praying that the ibuprofin kicks in. (Speaking of crampy-ness, I'm feeling it now, but it is still tolerable.)

Some friends have been commenting on the high price of diary milk. I keep thinking that if they knew what their money was going to, they might shuddup and switch to soy.

I also liked the Silk commericals. Blantant mockery of the dairy industry, it seemed. Happy cows drink Soy.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Has anyone seen the new egg commercials... um the toast and egg are on a beach and the egg keeps bugging the toast to do something with it because it's just SO ENERGENIC! Then it goes for a swim or something and at the end the screen reads ; "eggs : for energetic people".
WTF?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
How am I missing all of these? Have seen the skinny milk claims... have not seen the PMS one, or the Silk commercials, or the egg one.

Of course, I watch mostly evening tv, if at all... LOST, etc... And with DVR we often do just skip the commercials~ Maybe that's why, lol.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by marina13 View Post

....and the printed got milk ads with the celebrities - i wish i could somehow educate them about their misinformation/brainwashing from the dairy industry!
Absolutely! I can't understand how some of these celebrities who wouldn't do any other commercials or ads because it would mean they are a sell-out, somehow feel it's okay for them to appear in these annoying "Got Milk?" ads with their cutesy moustache.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.