VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the past 3 months my 2 year old son has had a bad rash around his mouth and a little on his hands and feet.I've tried 3 creams from the dermatologist and nothing has worked.I suspect it is something he is eating and before they start him on antibiotics I want to see if I can figure it out.Does anyone know if dairy causes rashes?I think I've heard that it does and he eats lots of cheese and yogurt.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
yes, dairy can cause rashes, and any other number of skin disorders. So can a lack of essential fatty acids, and many other foods that he may be allergic too.

perhaps you can ask your dermatologist to recommend an allergist so that you can determine what he may be allergic too.

But, don't rule out dairy. my husband's skin really breaks out when he has too much dairy (eczema, milk bumps--rash--and the psoriosis flairs up). very messy.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
This is very interesting - I have eczema on my hands and I have had a continuous rash for about a month and a half now. It just won't go away. I can get it under control with the ointment, but it won't completely go away. I eat a lot of cheese and yogurt during the day. It never occurred to me that this could be causing my flare ups. I know that I am allergic to peanuts and have tried to cut down on those, but dairy - who knew? I am going to try and reduce the dairy consumption and see if this helps.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I concur. A friend of mine had red patches and eczema, but once he cut out dairy, it disappeared. He's not vegan, but rarely eats dairy or meat; so, when he does eat dairy, he gets major flare ups and itchies.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Take your son off the dairy and feed him some avacado and some carrots. Also, change his bath schedule. If you bathe him every day, try giving him baths every other day; if you bathe him every other day, try giving him a bath every day.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Could the allergen be something in the air or walls at your house? Perhaps it is the mold that I've seen in the news for several years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.