VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Beanitarian
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to cut back on, not eliminate, sweets. I am wondering what healthy-ish sweets you all eat!

So far I have on my list--

1. frozen banana dipped in chocolate
  2. .5 milk chocolate bar
  3. Italian ice
  4. Fig Newtons
  5. fruit garnished with strained ricotta, lightly sweetened with sugar and vanilla
  6. fruit with whipped cream
  7. a small amount of Nutella on whole grain toast (which is impossible to do w/o the compulsory follow up of eating dollops straight out of the jar)
  8. egg-free tiramisu made with stevia (not a big fan of stevia but in this dish i like it ok)
I have healthy frozen smoothies every day for bfast so I generally don't want one for dessert at night. I'm also trying to limit dairy.

So what do you do to satisfy your sweet tooth?

·
Registered
824 Posts
I dont often get a sweet tooth but when I do its RAGING! I make the brownies from "vegan with a vengeance". I stay away from processed stuff 99% of the time (sometimes I just give in though lol). I like cinnamon almonds too. Or an apple with cinnamon and PB.
For example tonight I would kill someone for banana cream pie BUT my hubby is working and I will make it for the weekend. I will use an oatmeal crust and my own vegan vanilla pudding and bananas so its not HORRIBLE. I think I make one banana cream pie a year so for me its all about moderation. For me all pie crusts are whole wheat or oatmeal and they are usually fruit. Mike loves blueberry.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

Chocolate strawberries

I rarely ever have them, but they are so good.
yes they are.

·
Give peas a chance
1,715 Posts
I make popsicles out of pureed mangos. No need to add sugar, and nowhere near as messy as popsicles made with fruit juice.

You can make truffles out of dried dates and nuts, and coat them in cocoa powder, coconut, chopped nuts, graham cracker meal. This is a photo of a recipe from the book Vegan Planet that I made for my blog:

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

You can make truffles out of dried dates and nuts, and coat them in cocoa powder, coconut, chopped nuts, graham cracker meal. This is a photo of a recipe from the book Vegan Planet that I made for my blog:
Oh my, these look awesome...they can't be healthy.
Or maybe I am confusing healthy with fattening, lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.