VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my kids are long past PBS-kids-cartoon age, but my oldest was babysitting a couple kids here and we turned on the TV and ran across "Curious George" on PBS.

The episode caught our eye mainly because it was very veg. friendly (Curious George messes up a chef's famous recipe for "Vegetarian Burgers" but then they're fixed and turn out better than ever...etc., etc.,) and didn't poke fun at the vegetarian character or make him appear effeminate, nerdy or weak as is often the case (he's a firefighter actually).

We all thought it was pretty good (and that's saying a LOT for teenagers to actually give a thumbs up to a kids cartoon).

I dropped a note to the producers of the show.

Just thought I'd pass the info along.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's really awesome, actually. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when veg-friendly ideas make an apperance on the telly.

Plus, he was a vegan AND a firefighter?
Okay, sorry, I need a boyfriend. LoL

PS- Tempeh is oh-so delicious.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

Its so cool kids shows are staring more vegetarians

I remember friends had a vegetarian girl, but wasnt she shows as foolish, and well, stupid?
you mean phoebe? i like to think she was smart in her own special way
... but only cos people say i'm so much like her.

oh, and curious george!!! i adore that little monkey!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempeh-Tantrums View Post

So my kids are long past PBS-kids-cartoon age, but my oldest was babysitting a couple kids here and we turned on the TV and ran across "Curious George" on PBS.

The episode caught our eye mainly because it was very veg. friendly (Curious George messes up a chef's famous recipe for "Vegetarian Burgers" but then they're fixed and turn out better than ever...etc., etc.,) and didn't poke fun at the vegetarian character or make him appear effeminate, nerdy or weak as is often the case (he's a firefighter actually).
Thats awesome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.