VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It cuts out a lot of the products that I over use and is really not helping me at all. I'm trying to lose weight, but it just doesn't seem to help, so I'm looking at raw veganism.

What kind of things do I need to know before I jump headfirst into this? Is there any special way I have to prepare stuff? I've tried to read around, but I can't find much in the way of actual information.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The best part of being a raw vegan is that unless you want to, you don't really have to prepare much at all. People often tend to get into the trap of thinking they have to make "gourmet" raw vegan dishes, but unless you bore of fresh food easily then just sticking to whole foods is better. I'd say the most important thing is to have a good blender for making smoothies and raw soups. And "Green For Life" is a fantastic book if you can find it. There are also a ton of raw vegan websites and forums online that will help. When I went raw vegan I read and read and read about it constantly. Just be careful not to get too obsessed. ;-)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree - "Green For Life" is a good book.. it's on my bookshelf. I definitely send the good blender/food processor and if you really are happy with eating raw, a dehydrator is awessssome.

There is really too much to explain in a reply, all I'll say if that before you start, start reading up more about it and gather some easy recipes that interest you so every day isn't a total mystery on what you're going to eat.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
My advice would be to eat simply, get enough calories, rest, sunshine, and exercise, and eat your leafy green vegetables.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts