VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really try to keep my whole household cruelty-free. However, now that I know that Burt's Bees and Tom's have both sold out to companies that do test on animals, I am at a loss for toothpaste that is easy to find. Also, for shaving, I found Barbasol doesn't test, but all the companies that manufacture razors/blades do test, I can't imagine any cream (Nair, Veet, etc.) wouldn't be tested on animals. I would appreciate any ideas. I'm in the US. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Are you in the UK, USA or somewhere else this will help us help you...

If you are UK based
All Superdrug own branded products are vegan and not tested on animals.

·
Registered
25 Posts
wait.... toms of maine isnt vegan!?!?! they "sold out" to compaines that test on animals? WHAT!?!? ok, I'm vegan in the USA as well.. Help me too! Looks like I need new toothpaste as well.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Gd i didnt know they sold out. Wtf i got 15 bottles of burts bees stuff for christmas. Im not going to throw it out. Money talks

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
My BF was using Moom4men for hair removal which I noticed was working really well so I started using it. It's a sugar based treatment, works like a wax but it isn't wax. If you use it strictly to the instructions, it's great.

There's a couple of women's versions but they have the same essential ingredients but I like the smell of the men's one the best.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
My understanding is that Tom's of Main does not test on animals. I buy their products, and I always see that they have the "not tested on animals" label on them. I have never seen a Tom's of Main product without this label.

Although they have been bought by a parent company which does test on animals, the Tom's of Main brand itself still does not test on animals. I think that if your goal is to never buying any product made by a company who's parent company may be doing something nefarious, then you are going to have a really hard time trying to get by.

After all, we purchase our vegan produce from grocery stores which also sell meat, so I view this as the same thing.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I'm trying to go cruelty free in my house too.

Nads hair removal cream is cruelty free, as the Sally Hansen hair removal foam. (I'm not big on waxing of any kind when I'm the one who has to do it, with the help of bees or without)

The Sally Hansen one is okay, but if you have sensitive skin I'd steer clear of it. It burnt me quite badly.

The Nads cream was good, but didn't do a great job. I'm keeping with it until something else becomes available.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishani View Post

My BF was using Moom4men for hair removal which I noticed was working really well so I started using it. It's a sugar based treatment, works like a wax but it isn't wax. If you use it strictly to the instructions, it's great.

There's a couple of women's versions but they have the same essential ingredients but I like the smell of the men's one the best.
this product is fantastic. i started shirtless snowboarding after just 2 weeks !!

·
Registered
227 Posts
You can use Jason toothpaste (which I use) and probably find a vegan razor at Whole Foods, or another natural food store.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey, thanks for the response, I found Barbasol shaving cream for men and women, I will look into the razor. I also found Kiss My Face toothpaste, but it's good to have a couple brands to choose from since sometimes the specialty brands can be hard to find!

·
Registered
669 Posts
I hope I'm not too late! I have tried JASON NATURAL toothpaste. If you're from the US, JASON is available in Whole Foods.

Now I'm still looking for a cruelty-free depilatory cream. I've used Sally Hansen and Veet depilatory creams before going vegan. It's been more than a year since I've sacrificed my legs just looking for cruelty-free depilatory creams, my legs are now hairier than usual that I'd have to refrain myself from wearing shorts of skirts. So any substitutes please? Unfortunately, I'm not open for shaving by the way.

I've tried the Leaping Bunny website but most of the brands there carry shaving creams instead of depilatories. Help please. I might also be starting a new thread on this and hopefully someone can help me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hope I'm not too late! I have tried JASON NATURAL toothpaste. If you're from the US, JASON is available in Whole Foods.

Now I'm still looking for a cruelty-free depilatory cream. I've used Sally Hansen and Veet depilatory creams before going vegan. It's been more than a year since I've sacrificed my legs just looking for cruelty-free depilatory creams, my legs are now hairier than usual that I'd have to refrain myself from wearing shorts of skirts. So any substitutes please? Unfortunately, I'm not open for shaving by the way.

I've tried the Leaping Bunny website but most of the brands there carry shaving creams instead of depilatories. Help please. I might also be starting a new thread on this and hopefully someone can help me.
I dont know about the US but for UK there's always Acorelle hair-removal cream

1 - 19 of 19 Posts