VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Listen with an open mind to what he says about an animal living an easier, "happier" life, free from fear of being attacked when it's raised by humans. Obviously this doesn't apply to chickens raised by b*stards like KFC who treat their chickens like complete dirt, but I think he has a bit of a point here. What are your arguments against this? My first reaction would be that I'd rather have animals live natural lives in the wild - even if they are shorter - and die out naturally, than be kept alive by humans who aren't doing it because they care about the animals, but because they like the taste of the animal.

I have a feeling this has probably been brought up already, and if so, I apologise. Any links would be appreciated.

EDIT: I've just found out that a chicken's life span, depending on the breed, is roughly 5 - 10 years (and according to a chicken raiser person, 8 - 13 years). Apparently, free range/organic chickens are slaughtered at 14 weeks, so that's not really giving the chicken a longer life. I guess the argument wasn't that valid after all.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I think he's a moron that doesn't know what he is talking about, by him saying we need meat to survive, vegetarians eat unhealthily, and that plants feel pain, he is a douche.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
He says that animals aren't sentient and then goes on to say that farm animals are happy creatures who live long and prosper and wild animals are miserable. Genius.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the stuff about nutrients and proteins kinda threw me off.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts

Animals living raised by humans vs. animals living in the wild is a false dichotomy. If we didn't eat animals, those animals weren't moved to the wild to live there, but rather, they simply wouldn't be bred in the first place. The only comparison that can be made is between an animal bred into exploitation vs. an animal not being bred into exploitation. And the latter has nothing negative about it, as never coming to existence doesn't harm anyone.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I hope you all tell this guy your opinions lol. Oh or rather opinions (he's stupid or ignorant) and of course fact as well (opposite of everything he said).

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK420 View Post

Listen with an open mind to what he says about an animal living an easier, "happier" life, free from fear of being attacked when it's raised by humans. Obviously this doesn't apply to chickens raised by b*stards like KFC who treat their chickens like complete dirt, but I think he has a bit of a point here. What are your arguments against this? My first reaction would be that I'd rather have animals live natural lives in the wild - even if they are shorter - and die out naturally, than be kept alive by humans who aren't doing it because they care about the animals, but because they like the taste of the animal.
Well, chickens can live an easier, happier life, free from being attacked by being raised by humans WITHOUT being eaten, though. Chickens can be raised as companion animals or on rescue sanctuaries and live the long happy lives they deserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhappy1 View Post

He says that animals aren't sentient and then goes on to say that farm animals are happy creatures who live long and prosper and wild animals are miserable. Genius.
Haha, the only miserable wild animals are the ones left orphaned after hunters kill their parents.

I'm sorry, I watch Bambi too much, but still.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
He just said this to me "Oh and I'd like to point out, more than 70% of the animal kingdom does not in fact have a brain, don't try to argue with a biologist.", i highly doubt he is a biologist, and he eats chicken, which he knows to have a brain, so he could at least argue that it's okay to eat animals without a brain but not with, but he knowingly eats animals that had to go through pain to be his food. He would make a lot more sense if he said he doesn't like the term vegetarian because then you limit yourself a lot more, but he can only say that if he ate only animals he knew had no brain and can not feel. Imagine that a meat eating hypocrite, who woulda thunk it? Oh and he blocked me from his channel because i huwt his wittle feewings waah!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

He just said this to me "Oh and I'd like to point out, more than 70% of the animal kingdom does not in fact have a brain, don't try to argue with a biologist.", i highly doubt he is a biologist, and he eats chicken, which he knows to have a brain, so he could at least argue that it's okay to eat animals without a brain but not with, but he knowingly eats animals that had to go through pain to be his food. He would make a lot more sense if he said he doesn't like the term vegetarian because then you limit yourself a lot more, but he can only say that if he ate only animals he knew had no brain and can not feel. Imagine that a meat eating hypocrite, who woulda thunk it? Oh and he blocked me from his channel because i huwt his wittle feewings waah!
is that you then, fontario4? LOL

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Quote:

Wow, did he drop out of basic high school biology? In my biology class we had to dissect a pig and part of it involved seeing its brain. Is he saying my biology teacher just implanted its brain in there and animals in fact have empty schools taking up space?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Wow, did he drop out of basic high school biology? In my biology class we had to dissect a pig and part of it involved seeing its brain. Is he saying my biology teacher just implanted its brain in there and animals in fact have empty schools taking up space?
He's referring to non mammals and lower species and some ocean life, but really he knows a chicken has a brain so once again he's being a stupid hypocrite.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Quote:

He's referring to non mammals and lower species and some ocean life, but really he knows a chicken has a brain so once again he's being a stupid hypocrite.
Oh, okay, well then he seems to just make up basic biology as he goes along! One day he just looks at something and decides he doesn't want to think it has a brain so therefore it doesn't!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Someone on there is saying he's a great debater and not an idiot, idk if that's someone here, but the video guy seems pretty freaking stupid to me, even worse than a lot of meat eaters, because they often own up to it, instead of making up all this lame crap.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Animals living raised by humans vs. animals living in the wild is a false dichotomy. If we didn't eat animals, those animals weren't moved to the wild to live there, but rather, they simply wouldn't be bred in the first place. The only comparison that can be made is between an animal bred into exploitation vs. an animal not being bred into exploitation. And the latter has nothing negative about it, as never coming to existence doesn't harm anyone.
Exactly.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just to point out about the "we need meat to be healthy" crap, he justified that by saying we can get proteins, fat and other stuff from natural foods (such as nuts) which wouldn't be available in every natural environment. But then again, there's not always suitable plant matter in every environment, is there? Thoughts on this? Wouldn't we get stuff like protein from the amino acids in plant based foods like apes do? I'm not exactly Einstein on this kinda stuff as you can tell lol.

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK420 View Post

Just to point out about the "we need meat to be healthy" crap, he justified that by saying we can get proteins, fat and other stuff from natural foods (such as nuts) which wouldn't be available in every natural environment. But then again, there's not always suitable plant matter in every environment, is there? Thoughts on this? Wouldn't we get stuff like protein from the amino acids in plant based foods like apes do? I'm not exactly Einstein on this kinda stuff as you can tell lol.
Simple enough point on that one ...

In our unnatural environment there is more than adequate plant matter available to us to meet all our needs.

The fact that the people in that famous plane crash had to eat each other to survive does not justify people with a Sainsbury's just around the corner using each other as snacks?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
This guy is so full of it! Now he claims to be a chemist and that chickens can't be fed arsenic or we and they would all be dead! Of course if he did a simple google search he'd see it's true, what a nitwit! If he is a chemist and biologist, i guess it just proves that scientists and doctors can be fing stupid as hell.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts