VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

January is going to be Croatian food month on my blog (www.gormandizewithus.blogspot.com) and we are looking for any inspirations as to which Croatian recipes we should make (and veganise). If you are Croatian or know lots about Croatian food then your suggestions would be so welcome! We have a few things in mind to cook (such as makovnjaca) but would love the input of somebody who knows more about Croatian food than us!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@AW - in that case you might like to check out the blog over January to see what you have been missing out on

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
sorry....no experience here either!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Some of my good friends are Croatian. I don't know a lot about their food, except that they make awesome cakes

I think they use quite a lot of cream with their cakes though... not sure how you'd get around that one! I'll ask them about what recipes they can recommend.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QiTian View Post

Well, Croatian Food Month has started and the first thing I made were Veganised Poppyseed Kolache - they were really delicious whilst being not too sweet. I made them for my guests at my NYE gathering and they loved them!

Here is the recipe:
http://gormandizewithus.blogspot.com...d-kolache.html
Yum! My son hangs with a really nice/wonderful Croatian family...I'll see if he can get some recipe ideas!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Last night continued Croatian Food Month with Yumuşacık Poğaça (Croatian fluffy savoury buns filled with potato and pickles) - they were so incredible and the people I had over for dinner were so impressed by them, they couldn't believe I had made them by hand because they look so store bought

http://gormandizewithus.blogspot.com...y-savoury.html

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

1 - 12 of 12 Posts