VeggieBoards banner

Crazy Cranberries

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  GhostUser 
#1 ·
I'm inquiring about unsweetened dried cranberries. Where does one get them, and are they any good? This thread can also serve as a general cranberry discussion.

See less See more
#2 ·
I buy cranberries sweetened with fruit juice because unsweetened ones are just way too tart for me, and I don't like to eat refined sugar-sweetened ones. I've never looked for unsweetened ones, but the fruit-juice sweetened ones are in the bulk sections of some health food stores. They're sometimes hard to find though, and expensive. I love them in my oatmeal though!

#6 ·
Ahh. See, thats the problem with America. It's not like Australia. We don't have great food readily availible. You have to hunt for it. THe junk/processed/refined food groceries are everywhere, hiding all the health/natural food stores. In Sarasota the health/organic sections of the regular supermarkets are so small, they might as well not be there at all.

#11 ·
I don't think I have ever found any without sweetener or at least oils added. I found out the hard way you can't dry them yourself, it doesn't work. They have to be dried with something, so I am not sure how they process them...I still love them - one of my favorite snacks -a great compliment is to drink grapefruit juice while eating them. It is like heaven!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.