VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so there was this deer, you see.

there was this deer that was attacking the metal dog fence at my boyfriends house yesterday morning. it was pawing at the fence, all the while the pitbull in there was wanting to rip it's poor deer head off. what the hell? there was something terribly wrong with this deer. i'm surprised it didnt just jump the fence. the pitbull is a really sweet dog but her instincts came out and she was growling like no other...which didnt scare the deer off at all. so my bf chases the deer away (the dog was either going to jump the fence or the deer was...resulting in a not so pleasant wrestling match - hence the chasing away). 10 minutes later it comes back (after chasing it aways a way). it returns 3 times within thirty minutes or so.

we found it just sitting down in someones yard once and it just got up and started starring us down. it let his mom get within five feet of it.

i know they are so freakin domesticated now because they have so little habitat left, and look for food and have litle fear of humans but this one was NOT right in the head. the whole pawing at the fence thing, AT the dog was wicked.

any insight?

rabies perhaps. lyme disease, perhaps. i also remember hearing about some deer disease that makes them a bit wacko...like rabies but not really..something wrong with the brain.

poor guy

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Deer can carry a form of CJD or wasting disease, (think Mad Deer Disease). I don't know where you live, but it's more common in the northern, mid-west area. That's really weird though, the deer wasn't scared off by the dog?! Here's a link that has some info on mad deer

www.organicconsumers.org/madcow.html

·
Registered
0 Posts
Sounds like mad deer.

Moose can get it, too. When I lived in Newfoundland, moose were sometimes known to attack the trains. /boggle

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
that's so sad

i guess the best thing you can do for him/her is call a wildlife refuge or rehab and see if they can help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts