VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am a vegan for about 8 months now. My birthday is almost coming up and I am going crazy trying to find some vegan desserts. I just really want a cupcake or some sort of cake. Are there any single cupcakes or something of that sort sold in stores?

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patyisawesome View Post

So I am a vegan for about 8 months now. My birthday is almost coming up and I am going crazy trying to find some vegan desserts. I just really want a cupcake or some sort of cake. Are there any single cupcakes or something of that sort sold in stores?
You might look here.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patyisawesome View Post

I just really want a cupcake or some sort of cake. Are there any single cupcakes or something of that sort sold in stores?
I'm assuming you're in the US.

stickyfingersbakery an award-winning reputation for cupcakes.
sweetavenuebakeshop.com in Jersey.
babycakes in NYC and LA.

In Vegas there's a great place called Retro that also ships throughout the US, but you have to give them at least 24 hours notice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can try Whole Foods if you have one in your area. My city also has a few companies that do vegan stuff that deliver to different small non-chain healthfood stores. Have you tried to see if there are any vegan bakers in your area?

·
Registered
25 Posts
tonight when I was at whole foods getting "chicken" nuggets I saw slices of vegan cake.. carrot cake and chocolate raspberry. I bought a whole chocolate raspberry cake from them in the past and it was amazing. Tonight I bought a slice of the carrot and was amazed. I make a bomb carrot cake- but I think theirs even beat mine. (which is hard for me to admit) haha. Happy early birthday!

p.s. you might want to check your local library for the complete idiots guide to vegan baking. I've made soo many good things out of that book.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
For cupcakes, try a local natural food store/ health food store or a Whole Foods. Also try calling around to bakeries. Lots of them can do it, sometimes they just need a little encouragment.

If you can find anything locally and you don't want to bake your own, check vegan essentials, food fight, cosmos, or another online vegan store. Or you can check etsy.

Another option is to get a boxed mix so you don't have to really bake from scratch. You can buy vegan boxed cake mixes from Cherrybrook Kitchen and Bob's Red Mill and others.

·
Registered
388 Posts
We have a few bakeries in Louisville that make vegan cupcakes and vegan desserts alongside traditional ones. Whole Foods has giant vegan cupcakes and also vegan cookies that are yummy. Our local natural foods store also sells some vegan cupcakes from a local bakery in the freezer section in a 6-pack. I love them because I can pull one out when I want it, thaw it in the microwave for 10 seconds, and have a warm cupcake. Just do a little research; I'm sure you can find something! If all else fails, ask a local bakery if they would be willing to make a vegan cake -- I'm betting most would. And if they don't know how but are willing to learn, help them out a little -- Earth Balance or Willow Run margarine, unsweetened non-dairy milk, egg replacements, etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For my birthday I was kindly purchased this by my famliy!
Was really yummy!
Not sure if it's available where you are?!

Mrs Crimble Dutch Apple Cake

1 - 12 of 12 Posts