VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for cheese free crackers with no hfcs hydrogenated oils or soybean oil if possible. I got world table from walmart, cornbread crackers, and they say at the end contains milk wheat, may contain traces of soy even though those ingredients aren't listed. Wth?

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyvegetarian View Post

I'm looking for cheese free crackers with no hfcs hydrogenated oils or soybean oil if possible. I got world table from walmart, cornbread crackers, and they say at the end contains milk wheat, may contain traces of soy even though those ingredients aren't listed. Wth?
What's the ingredients list or a link to the ingredients list?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Back to Nature has about 6 different crackers that WM carries. No HFCS or dairy. Also you can buy Triscuits in many of the flavors with neither of those things either.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
the trace ingredients are mainly for allergy purposes. Most vegan brands don't use dedicated machinery, so vegan foods may have been processed after other foods with dairy, or nuts in them, therefore the risk of allergens remains. *Most* vegans don't worry about the trace ingredients not listed in the actual list of ingred.

·
Banned
437 Posts
Kashi! The Heart-to-Heart ones (look like Triscuits) are both vegan and free of soy. They're made with expeller-pressed canola oil, and come in two flavors - original and roasted garlic. The garlic is my favorite. I believe a few of their TLC (tasty little crackers) varieties are also soy-free, but not all of them are. I forget which because I don't eat them much. The Heart-to-Heart ones are definitely safe, though.

Also, several varieties of Carr's water crackers are soy-free. Stop and Shop has a store brand of similar ones that are soy-free also.

My soy allergy doesn't usually come in handy around this site, so answering this was a little exciting for me
Hah.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

Back to Nature has about 6 different crackers that WM carries. No HFCS or dairy. Also you can buy Triscuits in many of the flavors with neither of those things either.
Yes, I LOVE the Back to Nature brand! The Poppy Thyme flavour is my favourite^^

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyface View Post

Yes, I LOVE the Back to Nature brand! The Poppy Thyme flavour is my favourite^^
I'm hooked on the stone ground wheat with flax...yummy!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
walmart has a brand that looks kindof international, i forget the name but the cornbread crackers were good. it's in the same section as back to nature

·
Registered
178 Posts
Dammit, I thought this was a thread about swimsuit models or something.

Jacobs for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts