VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
I know there was a negative backlash about Daniel Craig, but I'm looking forward to it; and it's the first time I've looked forward to a Bond movie in a looooong time. I never cared for Pierce Brosnan's smarm.

Plus, Daniel Craig was good in L4yer Cake.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy Crap!!!! I just got back from Death Valley, where I met Timothy Dalton! He looked haggard and didn't really want to talk....

Back on track - 9 days to James Bond!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by compassionate1 View Post

Plus, Daniel Craig was good in L4yer Cake.
Yeah. That's the only thing I've seen him in and I really only watched it to see what he'd be like as Bond. He has a incredibly magnetic charisma, rugged good looks, and piercing blue eyes. He reminds me of an older, more British me.

I think he'll be no worse than George Lazenby.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

I think he'll be no worse than George Lazenby.
Don't you be dissin' George! He would have been great if he had stuck with it.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
General Bond question: Why haven't they released 'Dr. No' on DVD yet??? That's one of my all-time faves and I have yet to see it on DVD. Why, I say, why???

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Dr. No

Sean Connery, Ursula Andress, beaches, skimpy swimsuits...

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
*Gasp*

Why hadn't I checked Amazon yet?

Ursula Andress....

Anyone care to join me in a chorus of "Underneath the Mango Tree" ?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel View Post

Don't you be dissin' George! He would have been great if he had stuck with it.
I think Her Majesty's Sercret whatever the one he was in was called is the only Bond movie I haven't seen. I just like to be like the majority of people and bash stuff I don't know anything about. That's just how the creezman rolls brother.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

I think Her Majesty's Sercret whatever the one he was in was called is the only Bond movie I haven't seen. I just like to be like the majority of people and bash stuff I don't know anything about. That's just how the creezman rolls brother.
If you want to see a bad Bond flick, watch Never Say Never Again. It's a pathetic remake of Thunderball - Sean Connery exercising a contractual option he never should have had in the first place.

Technically, it's not even a Bond movie.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brandon View Post

General Bond question: Why haven't they released 'Dr. No' on DVD yet??? That's one of my all-time faves and I have yet to see it on DVD. Why, I say, why???
It's been on DVD for years - look on Amazon.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
psst..Christopher Lee

He was Francisco Scaramanga in The Man With the Golden Gun (I had to look up the character's name).

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
5 gold stars for IAJ!

Next challenge: Name 3 actors who have played the role of a "bad guy" and a "good guy" in Bond films. Gals are ok, too (and necessary, hint hint).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts