VeggieBoards banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i just bought a new pair of nike running shoes because i liked the style and they fit. Well after running in them a few times I noticed they made my feet feel weird and make me run different. When I looked on the shoe box I noticed it was maximum correction shoe. Well I heard about pronation and supination before but I dont really get it and I never thought I had those problems and I figured I run normally. I did not know if it had anything to do with being flat footed because my friend buys shoes specially for her feet but I have a normal arch in my foot. So my question... If I continue wearing these maximum correction shoes that I do not need, could it be harmful to me or make me run slower or not as effiecient? Could it ruin they way I normally run if I keep wearing them? My parents told me I prob cant take these shoes back since I already wore them and I will keep them so long as it wont harm me. But I did notice when I ran in them it was kind of annoying and the bump on the inside of the shoe was annoying. I dont know how to explain but i run different in the shoes and my feet dont hit the ground the way they normally do but it was bothering me. So maybe i am paranoid or should i really just buy new shoes ?? I figured if it was a maximum correction shoe and even if i did not need any correction it would only make me run the same or better but maybe i was thinking wrong. does anyone know about this ? im just trying to save some money here lol.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
You probaly need to talk to a professional to get your questions answered, because they'll watch you run and give you advice/corrections based on the way your feet land. We can't do that here...

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
if you have a normal arch and feet, then you do not need the correction shoes and they could change your gait which could cause injury.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
zoebird, I have a normal arch and feet but underpronate and wear shoe inserts to correct it when I run. Otherwise I run into constant knee problems.<br><br><br><br>
This is a very common problem and people with normal feet have it. A running clinic would be able to identify the problem and help you correct it.<br><br><br><br>
On the other hand, if you bought correction shoes without needing correction, you could cause injury.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Yes if your feet hurt while you run you will hurt yourself. I think amy mentioned it but go to a running center. They will watch you run and tell you want shoes are best. The people at my running center are pretty much right on most of the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts