VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm cooking for a group at church tomorrow night, and I could use critiques of my possible menu, and suggestions for alternatives.<br><br><br><br>
I'm planning to make a couple of pots of soup: wild rice and mushroom (more for the adults) and either potato-corn chowder or refried bean topped with tortilla chips. Do either of the second two sound kid-friendly enough? If not, bring on the idea! I'm open to preparing something other than soup, but I want to make it tonight and reheat tomorrow. We'll be having bread and salad as well.<br><br><br><br>
The group are omnis, but they will be expecting vegetarian food. I don't have any kids, so I'm not used to cooking for them. I welcome help and suggestions. Thanks!

·
Registered
441 Posts
what about making one a chili, instead? the kids can dip the tortilla chips in it (which is fun, of course!)<br><br>
i'm not sure about the funding, but what about a veggie tray and dip, too? that's quick and easy, but dipping, of course = fun.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Chili, especially a vegetarian one, might have a lot of "chunks" and obvious/visible vegetables for a lot of little kids.<br><br><br><br>
In my experience, most are probably going to prefer a pureed or creamy soup free of suspicious green or other-colored bits; so either of your choices would probably be fine. The bean with chips to dip would be a huge hit at my house for sure.<br><br><br><br>
A simple tomato soup (maybe with alphabet pasta) is another idea, and would be fun too. Most kids like, and are familier with tomato soup.<br><br><br><br>
They could top it with Goldfish crackers, croutons, shredded cheese, tortilla chips or those "oyster" crackers (small, round saltine soup crackers that have no oysters in them whatsoever).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts