1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The BEST cookbooks I have found are:

How it All Vegan and

The Garden of Vegan

Excellent books!!!!! I have to modify some of the recipes (baking) because they use a lot of oil (I sub it with applesauce), but besides that, the recipes are really yummy!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I absolutely love HIAV!! Can't wait to get my hands on Garden of Vegan ...

Bryanna Clark Grogan's cookbooks are also very, very good.

I am such a cookbook junkie.. I have so many of them!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I love those women, it's refreshing seeing other tattooed vegan babes too! I have about 30 vegan/veg cookbooks right now. My tiny little kitchen has cookbooks all over the counters. I especially love finding used copies at flea markets and garage sales ( since I'm pretty broke). A great resource for buying vegan books is Vegan Book Project online, there is no shipping ( at least in the US ) and they often sell slightly used copies and they support Action for Animals.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by naturelover

The BEST cookbooks I have found are:

How it All Vegan and

The Garden of Vegan

Excellent books!!!!! I have to modify some of the recipes (baking) because they use a lot of oil (I sub it with applesauce), but besides that, the recipes are really yummy!!
I love HIAV too! I want TGOV. I WILL buy it as soon as I can. ^__^

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd love to afford other books, but I only got the garden of vegan because of a gift certificate I had received.. For those who still don't have this book-let me tell you that the recipes are fantastic! And they are so funny (and cute-I love the tattoos!!)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let's hear it for tattooed vegan chicks!

I love How It All Vegan. It has become my favorite cookbook--the instructions are clear as can be, and the recipes are all pretty simple to make. The banana bread, chocolate chip cookie, and squash soup recipes are fabulous. Just fabulous.

I can't wait to get a copy of TGOV.

Gah. I sound like an ad for their books.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I have a big ol' stack of veg cookbooks, and my favorite is How it All Vegan! Those girls are awesome. (And so are their chocolate cupcakes!)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Since I don't have any of these cookbooks, can someone tell me which ones have the best recipes that would allow me to cook/bake using such things as rice flour (instead of ww) and sweeteners such as stevia (instead of sucanet, etc)

Thansk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Who needs a cookbook when you have VegWeb?? I probably have every vegan cookbook published but still my first place to look for a new recipe is VegWeb.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cheeno

The Everyday Vegan ~ Dreena Burton.

Everybody rush out and by this book! I lurve it!

I have had this book sitting on my shelf for a long time now. I forgot about it until just this week. I cannot believe I ignored this book for so long. I love it. Last night for a snack I made the Mexican Tortilla Triangles not expecting much from them because I am not a huge fan of squash, artichoke hearts yes, squash, ahh.

Oh good golly! they were wonderful. The Prince was afraid to eat too many because he was sure that they must be just swimming in fat they were so yummy. They are not. He ate a whole plate of um during the Mariners-Tigers game. I'm not even going to tell you how many I had.

Lets hear it for hot pepper lips and nectarine cheeks!

BTW this yank was finally able to order GOV, it should be here any day now.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just picked up a new book from my library called Vegan Planet-

it just came out htis year and looks really good!

Made a few things that came out great- and will try new recipes this week.

Its a big fat book

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Friendly Foods, Tofu Cookery, The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook, and my old DoubleDay Cookbook (recipes are easily converted to vegan)

·
Registered
133 Posts
hi!

evita- i am a cookbook freak! I love gourmet type stuff...I love getting ideas for menus and stuff...veg web is great too don't get me wrong!

marg-i just bought this cook book too! (VEGAN PLANET) it looks wonderful, though I haven't made anything out of it yet!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey I must be the biggest cookbook junkies-because I own basically all the books you have suggested. Hey I love HIAV and GOV the most I got them signed by the authors in Toronto and spend lots of time on their website.

If you are looking for really gourmet type menus etc-I also have the Millenium cookbook-it is from a big restaurant in California and has great stuff a bit more complex and lots of ingredients but great for parties etc.

Vegan planet has some wonderful recipes. I just love trying new things...

Yum you guys are making me want to go ahead and pick out a bunch of recipes for this weekend.

Take care and keep reading those books

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
aprilmoonflower- I just made the wheat meat stroganoff and yum it is going to be a regular dish at my house. It was one of those recipes that you can keep eating and eating. It got better with each bite!

Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts