VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been put in charge of planning a cook out for about 15 people (I think about 2 others are vegetarians).

I want to try and make as much of the food as possible inconspicuosly vegan. A lot of side dishes (ie beans, watermelon, corn on the cob) are vegan already, and I know many others (such as potato salad) can be engineered vegan in a way that others won't know the difference.

Any ideas would be great; I also would like to do a nice dessert that once again people won't pinpoint as something vegan and isn't too difficult to make or possibly doesn't require baking as I have never successfully baked a single thing (I'm not kidding, and I've made a few attempts). Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I don't know if this would work for you, but I thought I would mention that I have successfully fed vegan spinach and artichoke dip to a party of omnis and received many compliments.

(I hope they were sincere!)

I'm an official Kitchen Klutz, but this is a pretty easy thing to make.

I can post the recipe if you like. ^_^

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow;

you guys are something else. I can't believe all the replies I received overnight. This is especially helpful since the cookout is on Tuesday.

trumivir- I think your idea might win for dessert. Just call a big fruit salad dessert. It's refreshing and pretty, and americans get enough damn sugar without me providing a traditional dessert.

little butt- that recipie sounds really good. I don't know if I'll be able to pull it off for the cookout, but it looks like a good recipie to bring home and make when I visit on accounts of all the veggies. Us starving college students can't afford asparagus and red peppers and such. I wish I could because then I'd make it tonight.

CharityAJO; this is great; pasta salad is definitely more in the budget.

ceryna- yes, bring on the dip recipie!

michael and life2k- kabobs are definite possibility.

Again, thanks everyone for all your responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts