VeggieBoards banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by troub View Post

Thats it. All the vegetable sides are cooked in pork broth or something... so... side salad and baked potato... or oatmeal and veg soup... Of course afaik it's a soup of the day... so there wont always be vegetable - so more then likely if you go you'll be eating a bakedpotato on a bed of oatmeal with a side salad.
Unless they've taken after Texas Roadhouse and started rolling their baked potatoes in bacon grease prior to baking. My extended family would not eat anywhere else last Christmas Eve. The Texas Roadhouse I conversed with insisted they could not hold back two baked potatoes from the grease. T'would be impossible, they argued, because they're rolled ahead of time.

I am so glad I picked up veggie quesadillas from a Mexican place on the way there. Texas Roadhouse was actually relieved when my sister and I asked a day ahead of time if we could bring in our own food, given our vegetarian status.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Oddly, in all my years as a meateater, I've never even cooked bacon. I don't even know how. I can't even imagine cooking bacon so frequently that you have a can of leftover grease on the stove to use in other stuff.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts