VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For every person you help convert to veganism, you can earn a free dinner at Cracker Barrel!

cool huh!?

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Who eats at Cracker Barrel anyway? Everyone knows it's the gift shop that's really cool!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They have green beans but they are made the traditional way with pork.

Take your water and drink it like a good little vegan.

at least... i think the ice cubes are ok...

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
The ice cubes aren't ok. They've got pork in them, too.

I think it's to add flavour or something.

I'm still trying to check on the napkins. Those MIGHT be ok.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Daily Dinner Specials [from crackerbarrel.com]

• Butter Baked Chicken
  • Fried Pork Chops
  • Broccoli Cheddar Chicken
  • Turkey n' Dressing
  • Fish Fry
  • Chicken n' Rice
  • Homestyle Chicken

from an old list on veg*****um.com:

Quote:
Cracker barrel says the following are vegan: vegetable soup, oatmeal, baked potato, and tossed salad." Be sure to ask for your tossed salad without cheese or bacon. By default, they come with a metric ton of both.
Thats it. All the vegetable sides are cooked in pork broth or something... so... side salad and baked potato... or oatmeal and veg soup... Of course afaik it's a soup of the day... so there wont always be vegetable - so more then likely if you go you'll be eating a bakedpotato on a bed of oatmeal with a side salad.

...yum. >.>

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I swiped this from some website:

"Cracker barrel says the following are vegan: vegetable soup, oatmeal, baked potato, and tossed salad." Be sure to ask for your tossed salad without cheese or bacon. By default, they come with a metric ton of both."

So yeah, you can eat there if you don't mind a simple soup and salad kinda meal or an oatmeal breakfast for dinner. It may not be the greatest but it's possible.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Cracker Barrel is based in Tennessee. I used to live in Tennessee and most people there put pork fat in everything. When I lived there it was the first time I ever heard of using leftover bacon grease as an ingredient in things like cornbread, vegetables, etc.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
It's a very southern thing to have a coffee can full of bacon grease sitting on your stove (or countertop) so it can be used in everything and I do mean EVERYTHING.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.