VeggieBoards banner

Constantly hungry

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Cissy 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy chick View Post

I usually eat muesli with soya milk for breakfast, pitta breads with fruit for lunch, more fruit mid afternoon and pulses with vegetables for dinner.
Being hungry all the time tells me you're not getting enough calories during the day. I find if I eat a small breakfast, I am hungry throughout the day. I would add at least (for example) a piece of fruit and a soy yogurt at breakfast. Or I would have a full multigrain bagel with nut butter and a glass of soy milk. A mid-morning snack would also be a priority - even if it is just a piece of fruit. If you find that doesn't hold you until lunch, something a bit heavier like peanut butter on apple slices could do the trick. Avocados and nuts are good calorie-dense foods that can help keep you full longer. Have a good sized lunch as well. Keep in mind that vegan food tends to be lower in calories so you get to eat more of it (notice I said "get to" - I love to eat!
).

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I felt the same way when I went Vegan for a week. I was so hungry (even though my portions never changed) and miserable. I know it wasn't just dairy withdrawl... my body was telling me something!
Chances are, you weren't getting enough food. In general, non-vegan food tends to be higher in calories (usually from animal fats) than vegan food. Your body *was* telling you something: eat more!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.