VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been watching DVDs of one of my fav shows that I hadn't seen in a long time, LA Law. Great series. One thing I couldn't help notice was how many actors appeared both on LA Law and on Star Trek the Next Generation. Corbin Bernsen, Diana Muldaur, John de Lancie to name a very few. If I were to compile a complete list, it would be very long.

There does seem to be some kind of casting link between the two shows. Does anyone know why this is? Did the two shows somehow have the same casting company working for them?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sorry idk. Never really watched la law and I dont know the names of most of those actors anyway. But I love it when under the same actors in multiple of My favorite shows

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Interesting old thread elsewhere: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Cult_TV_Boards/ar/t6927.htm

I had to giggle when reading about Diana Muldaur's LA Law death...I'd completely forgotten about that. She is certainly one of my most disliked actresses. Hate hate hated her role on TNG. Urgh.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, people hated Diana Muldaur on TNG because they were mad about Dr. Crusher being taken off the show.

That's a cool list. Another to add to the list is the terrorist who kidnapped Dr. Crusher in I think either the 3rd or 4th season. I'd have to look up his name. There were also some actors from Star Trek Voyager. Ethan Phillips, who played Neelix on Voyager, was on LA Law. It took me a while to recognize him without his makeup.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
I used to notice a lot of crossovers on the Vancouver-filmed shows back in the early 90s too (X-Files, Highlander, etc.) but I assumed that was just convenience. There are plenty of actors in LA, so there must've been some producer/agent connection.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
wow I have never seen the connection before and I liked both shows.....thankies for pointing it out....

have a hippie day

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_ZeCat View Post

There does seem to be some kind of casting link between the two shows. Does anyone know why this is? Did the two shows somehow have the same casting company working for them?
It's possible they had the same casting director. You'd have to study the credits, where it says, "Casting by June Whittaker, C.S.A." Most casting directors have a set of actors as friends and favorites, and tend to cast them for roles where possible.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post

It's possible they had the same casting director. You'd have to study the credits, where it says, "Casting by June Whittaker, C.S.A." Most casting directors have a set of actors as friends and favorites, and tend to cast them for roles where possible.
This is very much the case. Producers and Directors do as well.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
It's a conspiracy theory to give the actors who agree with the politics of the show's producers more work and more exposure. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.