VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,360 Posts
Also, they're looking for different skills in each class. In Japanese, they may be looking at your ability to form sentence structures and hold small conversations; in English you are expected to write coherent essays, analyze literature, pass stupid state-mandated tests, write under time constraints, etc.

Ja mata ne,

Mskedi

· Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Michael san, sukoshi nihongo de hanash!te kudasai
Ok thats a bit confusing Michael san means me and kudasai means please but I don't think thats a japanese sentance because there is no "wa" to go after the subject of the sentance. I'm the best at japanese in my class everyone else is crummy at it but me. I feel special

· Registered
8,035 Posts
Sometimes, though I also make mistakes. A few pet peeves of mine are the misuse of homonyms (i.e. your/you're), misuse of apostrophes (i.e. apostrophe's), and misspellings. I have to fight myself not to leave guestbook entries on blogs where there's a misspelling. That's no way to make friends. I'm also way too easily entertained by a dictionary.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.