VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mom cooked two morningstar farms grillers 100% vegatarian, although i'm doing the 30 day vegan like I do sometimes... Anyway I thought it was the vegan burgers, so I did a little bite I spit it out through up.

While I was looking on the box I saw this 2 very lean meat also the eggs to and other's which I wasn't to keen on...

While looking this up, couldn't find anything about it even going on here is a nitemare LOL.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
As a vegan, I've given up on Morningstar. Almost all of their products are not vegan.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

As a vegan, I've given up on Morningstar. Almost all of their products are not vegan.
I do understand the statement why you giving up. But sir I still need knowledge about 2 very lead meat on a 100% vegetarian or a vegan burger.

I would take you would know how I just felt while something awful went in my body.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
It will pass.

Meantime, Boca makes a vegan burger, but I suggest you read labels.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithloveanimal View Post

While I was looking on the box I saw this 2 very lean meat also the eggs to and other's which I wasn't to keen on...

Are you talking about the ingredients list or a mental image?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
the 2 very lean meat could refer to a diabetic diet. I've gotten some processed foods in boxes before that said things like that. if so, it means that the product you're eating is equal to 2 very lean meat servings.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Uhh it says exchange for 2 lean meats, as in it's the same fat and protein content as 2 lean meats, how you didn't understand that is beyond me, and are you from another country that doesn't speak English?

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Quote:

You may want to give them another chance. Compassion Over Killing (COK) recently announced this:

"after receiving thousands of letters from consumers and after discussing this topic with COK and VO, Morningstar Farms is taking a very meaningful step in that direction!

According to company spokeswoman Kathleen Eckler, in 2008 'Kellogg is reducing the amount of eggs we use in our Morningstar products by a minimum of one million eggs. We're committed to announcing even more new vegan products for our customers.'

By reducing Kellogg's egg usage by more than a million eggs per year, nearly 4,000 fewer laying hens will suffer in factory farms each year."

Link: http://www.cok.net/camp/morningstar-farms/

And if you ever stop buying a product for moral reasons it's a good idea to send the company a litter explaining why. That way they might learn how to improve their products.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

By reducing Kelloggs egg usage by more than a million eggs per year, nearly 4,000 fewer laying hens will suffer in factory farms each year."[/I]
Wasn't that in 2008, before they changed the recipe of Crumbles from vegan to a recipe with egg?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nevermind.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainhugger View Post

Wasn't that in 2008, before they changed the recipe of Crumbles from vegan to a recipe with egg?
Yeah they keep making the promise but have yet to back it up.

Keith- You did NOT eat meat. No need to worry. Calm down. Those morningstar burgers were vegetarian but just not vegan because there are eggs used in the ingredients. But again there was NO MEAT in them at all so stop giving yourself such a hard time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

Uhh it says exchange for 2 lean meats, as in it's the same fat and protein content as 2 lean meats, how you didn't understand that is beyond me, and are you from another country that doesn't speak English?
Can you not grasp how insensitive that may be? Accusing someone which isn't questionable to add..

Quote:

It will pass.

Meantime, Boca makes a vegan burger, but I suggest you read labels.
If I haven't read labels before then why on mother's earth I already knew about the 2 lean meat.. I have been a vegan and a vegetarian for 3 years. Don't question my motives I was purely asking a question not to get veritably abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Yeah they keep making the promise but have yet to back it up.

Keith- You did NOT eat meat. No need to worry. Calm down. Those morningstar burgers were vegetarian but just not vegan because there are eggs used in the ingredients. But again there was NO MEAT in them at all so stop giving yourself such a hard time.
That's why I asked this question, because I had read about morningstar before and other brands makes a promise.

I read the ingredients, it's just the 2 lean meat dia freaked me out.. Why thank you ma'am for allowing your self to give me a answer..

Then other's were just trolling.

·
Registered
966 Posts
No one was trolling you. Alix could have been nicer, but I don't think anyone else was even remotely rude to you. And to be fair, your posts aren't that easy to follow... You said you're doing the 30 day vegan challenge like you do sometimes, and then in the above post you say you've been vegan/vegetarian (those aren't the same) for 3 years.

Anyway, unless something is clearly labeled as vegan right on the front, it's always important to check the ingredients. There's nothing rude about suggesting that. Sorry you ate eggs if you didn't want to.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Quote:

Can you not grasp how insensitive that may be? Accusing someone which isn't questionable to add..
Again I don't know what you are trying to say.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Quote:

If I haven't read labels before then why on mother's earth I already knew about the 2 lean meat.. I have been a vegan and a vegetarian for 3 years. Don't question my motives I was purely asking a question not to get veritably abuse.

That's why I asked this question, because I had read about morningstar before and other brands makes a promise.

I read the ingredients, it's just the 2 lean meat dia freaked me out.. Why thank you ma'am for allowing your self to give me a answer..

Then other's were just trolling.
yay, I was trolling. sweet.

anyways, I don't think he was questioning your motives. he was saying you need to read labels if you're going to be vegan... animal stuff is in things you'd never consider. they're sneaky as hell about it.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Keith, as someone else told you, worry not! You did not eat meat. Those labels that say "exchange for two lean meats" has to do with the nutritional qualities of the product for people on certain types of diets. Eating one of their veggie patties is nutritionally similar to eating lean meat, but it does not mean that meat is an ingredient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

Again I don't know what you are trying to say.
He's saying your post was rude. I agree with him. Please try to consider how your posts seem to other people. There's really no need to be mean to people with questions.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Keith, as someone else told you, worry not! You did not eat meat. Those labels that say "exchange for two lean meats" has to do with the nutritional qualities of the product for people on certain types of diets. Eating one of their veggie patties is nutritionally similar to eating lean meat, but it does not mean that meat is an ingredient.

He's saying your post was rude. I agree with him. Please try to consider how your posts seem to other people. There's really no need to be mean to people with questions.
Why thank you sir or milady I apologies for mistaking..

That's what I was only asking, about the lean meat. I apologies to some if I felt you were trolling.

But really kinda tired of telling people i'm a vegan/vegetarian and sometimes do the 30 challenge.. Dormouse could you lock or remove this thread, I can't deal with stress right now.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Ya i got the first part, not the second.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm going to apologies, I miss understood alix humor. On my part indeed was a hostile manor.. I sometimes can correct my self other times cannot.
I would like to add please no one reply to this thread just lock or remove it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.