VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A joke about passwords has won a competition for the funniest joke at the Edinburgh Fringe.

Stand-up comedian Nick Helm was judged to have the best joke of the festival, beating a number of better-known acts. 10 comedy critics spent two weeks hunting for the best jokes of the Edinburgh Fringe, putting their top 30 shortlist to a public vote.

You're probably wondering what this joke is by now, right? Here it is..
"I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves."

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2011...ws-NL-20110830

·
Registered
888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post

Maybe you're right, but it still won the contest.

Maybe one has to be Scottish to appreciate the humor.
Lol. It is not that funny. But one liner jokes rarely are, I prefer those with a bit of story.

I suppose with any joke, delivery is everything.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
It wasn't funny, but it was clever. I think that's why people appreciated it.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Funny- but I thought quite of the posted responses were funnier. I still think

[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]How many programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?

None. It's a hardware problem.[/SPOILER]
is funny, even though I heard it years ago.

·
Banned
7,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Funny- but I thought quite of the posted responses were funnier. I still think

[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]How many programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?

None. It's a hardware problem.[/SPOILER]
is funny, even though I heard it years ago.
When I saw the thread title I thought the joke was going to be "A website asked me to enter a password. I typed 'penis' and the site said it was too short". That one is actually funnier than this one IMO :p

·
Registered
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling View Post

When I saw the thread title I thought the joke was going to be "A website asked me to enter a password. I typed 'penis' and the site said it was too short". That one is actually funnier than this one IMO :p
Haha that is funnier :) Although the first one brought a wry smile to my face.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.