VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I figured I should probably offer a proper introduction, so here it is...

Over the past year, I've become very involved in the fight to stop the Canadian seal hunt and become more aware and concerned about the plight of animals in general.

I was a vegetarian back in high school, and gave it up in college for convenience and a boyfriend. Though I've been a meat eater for about 10 years now, I've never once eaten a piece of meat without thinking about the suffering that I'd caused it's previous owner

Now I'm 31 and deeply sorry for all of the animals' lives I've cost. But you can't go back, right? You can only look ahead and make a positive impact!

I firmly believe that the meatpacking industry is evil on many levels. It supports the very politics that I oppose, and I'm done supporting those politics!

I've decided to support my beliefs with action. Moreover, I'm committed to educating others. Not in a "you should luurrrrve the animals" sort of way, but in an educated, "do you know what politics that burger supports" sort of way (much more effective in my circles):

"Hey! Think about what you're doing! I know you like your burger, but do you like the politics that that burger supports?"

I've started "leaving behind" copies of Fast Food Nation here and there in hopes that someone will find them, be similarly moved and pass the good word on!

I feel like I'm doing the right thing for the animals, the environment, and myself, and for the first time in a very long time, I feel happy and at peace.

Thanks for this community, I look forward to being a part of it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts