VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are lots of folks in the world who would prefer to have relationships that don't include marriage. Many marry anyway because there is so much cultural pressure to do so.

You might be someone who has lots of love to give, but doesn't believe in giving it to only one person and the children you bring into the world together. Or maybe you're part of a couple who realizes that neither a legal contract, nor an expensive party, will cause you to treat one another with honor and respect in the future.

You might be someone who would rather live with a group of people than with one person.

You might be someone who wants to travel and see the world on your own terms, and spend time with anyone/everyone you meet along the way.

Maybe you're someone who feels that most of the men (or women) you've dated seem overly eager to somehow "cement the deal" versus just being willing to carry on the relationship and let it grow or let it go.

There are lots of possibilities and scenarios.

We've started a Yahoo support group for folks like you. We're not interested in bashing married people, nor do we care to convince married people to get unmarried (although some of us are a little tired of married people trying desperately to convince us that we are not as happy as they declare themselves to be).

If you relate, come join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/unlegislatedlove

i just love this emoticon

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I'm actually getting married soon, but people look at me funny when I say that the fact that we have a house (and perhaps more importantly) a cat together is a bigger indication that we plan to stay together than the marriage. We sometimes joke about who would get what if we broke up, but our cat is the sticking point, neither of us would be prepared to give her up, therefore we have to stay together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts