VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Is that legal? Making money of someone else's designs? Are any of them your own designs?

I buy lots of stuff on cafepress, and have made some of my own designs.

If I could offer a suggestion, I'd recommend making the designs bigger so they fill up more of the shirt, as I had trouble reading them. I recognized the designs from other websites so I knew what they were, but others might not. You should also go into Your Account > Shop Management and edit all the titles and descriptions so that you'll actually get some hits. If they don't have a name or description, no one will find them. And I'd recommend offering each design in all types of shirt right on the site.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

Is that legal? Making money of someone else's designs?
No, but you have always been a proponent of using intellectual property illegally for your own gain...

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
PETA and the rest aren't going to appreciate you using their designs to make money. Unless you've gotten permission from the creator of those images to use them, making money off of their designs is illegal and unethical.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
From my experience with cafepress, if he tries to actually sell any item with a copyrighted logo, he'll get a message saying the pattern was denied due to potential legal infringement. They have checkers who examine the patterns before the item is printed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.