4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colleen's Killer Avocado Sandwich

Category: Sandiwches/Burgers

Suitable for a: vegan diet

Ingredients:

------------------------------------------------------

approximately 1/2 of a ripe avocado, sliced into fairly thin slices

2 slices of your fav whole grain bread (i use some type of whole wheat)

your fav hummus

your fav sprouts (I use broccolli sprouts)

Instructions:

hehe....

lay the bread slices on a plate.

spread some hummus on one side of each slice

lay the avocado slices on one of the bread slices

cover with some sprouts

put the other slice of bread on top

cut the sandwich in half (or quarters)

EAT!

Additional comments:

some of you probably make one like this already. maybe all of you do this. but, you would be surprised how many vegetarians never had a sandwich like this before! every time i have made one for a friend for the first time they are like "wow this is yummy". and omnivores like them too.

if you are worried about fat content, use the low calorie avocados that are available in a lot of places.

Enjoy! I made myself hungry!

·
Give peas a chance
1,715 Posts
This is really good. I use that same exact recipe with whole wheat and broccoli sprouts too. As an added step, sometimes I like to toast or grill the bread, which is good if you use a lot of hummus like I do. It keeps the bread from getting mushy... at list for a little while.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo View Post

I love avocados but, i too would like to know is ths a joke ?low fat avocado please please!
no not a joke. many supermarkets sell avocados that have been bred to be low fat (about 1/2 the fat of a regular avocado i think). "Slimcado" is one brand I've seen. I don't really use them but my ex-roomate did and I tasted them and they were good too

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
If money was no object, I would eat whole wheat bread, thick slices of avacado, tomato slices, black olives and yellow mustard sandwiches until finally the fire department would have to come cut out a huge hole in the side of my house to get me out and take me away on a flat bed trailer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts